Fallkniven F1 Scandi Grind

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Afternoon folks,

Well in my quest for the perfect knife for me I have started thinking about the F1 as a good option to try next.

But, I prefer the scandi grind and the F1 doesn't come as standard with this grind.

I have heard of people using this grind on this knife, but did they reprofile it themselves?

Is this done by simply taking it to the waterstones?

Thanks in advance!

Drew

leon-1

The F1 that I use is one of my favourite tools and yes I have re-profiled it. I used a lansky diamond system to do it as everything else wasn't overly effective (they're actually very hard to reprofile on waterstones).

I will point out though that once reprofiled the blade has been maintained on wet & dry + strop, so it has really turned out more of a shallower version of the original convex, even if the convexing toward the edge is very little.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I realy wouldn't wast your time fella,its a great knive,made with that grind for a reason!
They are not cheap and you could well mess it up!
Could it be that you are not to happy with your convex sharpening tecnique?
(I struggled for agges to 'get it' )
Not being saying you can't do it,but might you be better of with an Enzo or a Helle knife,
you may find the grind is more up your street and not much difference in cost.
(Helle will be cheaper!)
All the best anyway!
C da C.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Thanks again for all your views!

I am certainly happier with a scandi grind for sharpening, as I haven't done anything else in ages!

I'm coming to the conclusion that when I get one, I'll leave it how it is and learn how to sharpen it.

I'll use some of my other knives when I want a scandi gruind! :D :D

Thanks again!

If anyone happens to have a spare F1. . . . see my other thread!

Drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE