Pair in Ironwood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Hi Folks, its been a while since I posted some pictures here so having hoping to make up a bit of ground take a look at this pair in Desert Ironwood.

The project started as a refresh of an older model, after a while I realised it was basically a new knife so undecided as to which grind might be better I made a version in Sabre and scandi grinds and will welcome opinions :)

They are 225mm overall with 100mm blades, hands should fit comfortably within the dimensions of the handle rather than enveloping it which I hope folks agree will offer good control in many grips.

The Desert Ironwood sits on Red liners and are held in place by stainless Corby bolts.

Hope you like
Toby
TobyIMG_3741.jpgIMG_3743.jpgIMG_3744.jpgIMG_3796.jpgIMG_3799.jpgIMG_3800.jpgIMG_3801.jpgIMG_3802.jpgIMG_3803.jpg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Very nice work! :)
I like both but, the sabre ground smacks of a great camp food-prep knife to me (that's not a derogatory comment, I think it looks great). It's nice to see a couple of knives that are 'out of the ordinary'.

Reactions: Woodcutter2

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well those are nice. Scandi for wood work, sabre point looks delicate enough to fillet fish or gralloch a deer.

Thanks for showing, lovely quality work.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Wow great idea with the knife/grind shape! I know Broch has mentioned food prep but to me it looks like a cross between full on bushcrafter and a delicate wood carver. Fantastic point on it!

Reactions: Woodcutter2

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

The sabre grind I feel started off hoping to be the 'allrounder' but while perfect for lighter tasks it would need an axe or heftier camp knife in the pack, that said this one is in 3mm steel so another in 4mm might offer more confidence in heavier tasks, plus maybe a bit more thickness (a little) in the edge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE