Fallkniven D4 sharpener

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
DC4 are great touch up stones for in the field, you can sharpen on them at home but a proper set of bench stones or a 5 pound sharpening kit would be better. The multi graded thingy you link too looks a good idea but in my experience, those sort of diamond hones are incredibly aggressive. Look for the 5 pound sharpening kit in the forum search for an excellent and cheap alternative. It's light enough to carry with you too.

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative, look at the DMT Diafolds, especially the xf/ceramic (1200/2200 grit), or the xf/xxf (1200/8000 grit). Larger than the DC3, don't come apart, very lightweight and portable, much easier to use in the hand with it's own handle.

scorpion

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2009
Manchester
thanks for the replies, is 800 grit good for getting a realy sharp fine edge, what do you guys use to get the final sharp edge

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
thanks for the replies, is 800 grit good for getting a realy sharp fine edge, what do you guys use to get the final sharp edge

A 25 micron diamond stone is perfect to quickly touch up a knife. It'll be sharp enough for most purposes.

If you get the DC4 instead of the D4, you can then flip the stone over and polish the edge to a mirror finish using the very fine ceramic side. Do it right on a good knife and you can get a nice shave.

scorpion

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2009
Manchester
noooooo way, would you say the 600 grit is fine enough for finishing of the blade

and by the way ive had a mora clipper for 2 days and have just used it for the second time and somehow have rolled a part of the blade only a tiny bit, but am a bit disapointed, i thought it would hold out better than that and anyone know if the mora 2000/2010 blade is the same steel as the stainless clipper

thanks dood

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I had a S&W lock knife for years when I was in the RAF.
It lived in the pen pocket of my overalls and was used for all sorts of tasks on a daily basis.
It took a wickedly sharp edge and held it for a decent amount of abuse.
For £15 that will do you well enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE