Fairytale places

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Over the Easter holidays we visited some lovely fairytale places in Thuringia. The first was the Drachenschlucht (Dragon Canyon) in Eisenach which realy felt like a primeval landscape. The canyon is It is quite narrow in places (86cm) and about 3km long. We only walked about 1 km of it

PICT0741_edited-1.jpg

PICT0745_edited-1.jpg

There is a walkway through the canyon which seems a bit strange as you are walking over the stream.
I couldn't resist doing an Indiana Jones impression as we exited the far side :D

PICT0748_edited-1.jpg

We also visited the Feengrotte (Fairy Grotto) in Saalfeld which is a series of amazing caves left over from mining in the area.

PICT0792_edited-1.jpg

PICT0800_edited-1.jpg

PICT0805_edited-1.jpg

PICT0806_edited-1.jpg

PICT0812_edited-1.jpg

PICT0810_edited-1.jpg

Sorry for the repetition of photos, I was trying to capture the atmosphere as the lights were changing to the music and my photos don't really do it justice :eek:

So after my photo ramble, do you have any fairytale places near you? (and please post lots of pictures :) )

Gailainne

Life Member
Back of Keppoch campsite watching the sunset between Rum and Skye, any time of year but the summer sunsets are unreal, no digital photos, but I'll see if I can dig some out to scan.

Stephen

BTW forgot to say I enjoyed your photos, especially the caves, slightly inebriated, but no excuse.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Fantastic pictures indeed, thanks.

I like to spot shapes in caves and can see a couple in there. Can anyone else see the 'dog in a hole' or 'the Victorian lady'. :)

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Gailainne said:
Back of Keppoch campsite watching the sunset between Rum and Skye, any time of year but the summer sunsets are unreal, no digital photos, but I'll see if I can dig some out to scan.

Stephen

BTW forgot to say I enjoyed your photos, especially the caves, slightly inebriated, but no excuse.

I look forward to seeing your photos :) It sounds wonderful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE