Faintheart

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Ha! OMG, that's Mortimers forest, Ludlow castle and the field bit is the linney playing fields!

I knew there was filming happening a year ago but I didn't know that they were making a film here, it's normally documentaries. I'm definitely going to have to watch this :D

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I used to be a member of Regia Anglorum. And because I can (could) ride a horse that meant I was always a Norman. I re-fought the Battle of Hastings on the actual battle site!!
I love watching films about re-enactors and those kinds of things. They're always absolutely spot-on, but nothing like it. At the same time.
Did anyone see 'Role Models', which out at the cinemas a month or so ago? It featured a lot of live action role-playing. Which I also used to do. It's one of those things that's so easy to take the mickey out of. But 'Role Models' was really kind and rather sentimental about LARP. Again, it was nothing like my LARP experiences, but also quite accurate.
I think it's absolutely essential to things like re-enactment and LARP to realise that what you are doing is both fantastically fun and also incredibly daft. It's very important when doing such things not to take oneself too seriously and be awake to the essentially absurd nature of what you are doing whilst at the same time being totally absorbed by it.
I'm going to have to try and see 'Faintheart', and have a good laugh at it and myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE