Face veil

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Many many years ago when I was in the Army we had camo face veils.They were made of a kind of cotten(?) mesh. Used them as scarfs mostly.
I haven't seen one in years but would like to get my hands on another.\
Anyone know where they might be sold?
Jon R.

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Thanks for the tips guys. :35:
Oddly enough I can't find one at the military surplus stores here.
The UK sites are great but shipping is like to kill you :(
Tried E bay. Same deal. Good stuff in UK,Oz and Far East but S&H is a bear.
Will keep looking. Something will turn up.(I hope)
Jon R.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I was in here http://www.mvsurplus.com/ about 8 months ago and they had some in, it was the mountain view store. Last year I think these guys had some http://www.rangersurplus.com/ in the Tysons Corner store although I'm not so 100% sure about that, I've been in too many surplus stores to really recall, it might have been that spandex face netting stuff rather than the scarf you're looking.

I really need to stop visiting surplus stores.... but it's too much fun

good hunting!

Alan

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Hey Durulz
I was born just down the road from you. Ashford.
Checked my nearest store ,no joy.
The next nearest Mil Surp store is 3 hours down the road but will check there next time I'm in Nebraska.
Jon R.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Hey Durulz
I was born just down the road from you. Ashford.
Checked my nearest store ,no joy.
The next nearest Mil Surp store is 3 hours down the road but will check there next time I'm in Nebraska.
Jon R.

Well, to continue with the coincidence, I used to work just down the road from you - I had an exchange lectureship at Nebraska Lincoln University.

As someone said earlier - I'm sure you can get scrim netting off ebay.

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Stacking even higher. I have in- laws in Lincoln and will be there in two weeks. Thats where I'm going to check the surplus store.
Did you get out into the country around there?
Jon R.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Stacking even higher. I have in- laws in Lincoln and will be there in two weeks. Thats where I'm going to check the surplus store.
Did you get out into the country around there?
Jon R.

Unfortuntaley not. I was only there for a term (oops, I mean 'semester') and so was limited by what I could take on the aeroplane and I didn't want to spend money on things I couldn't take back. And, in any case, come weekends I was too busy panicking about preparing lectures for the coming week.
That said, I did frequently go for drives and the countryside was inspiring. I think what hits most Europeans about America is the scale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE