Face book ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
There’s always a way to keep in touch, I have people’s addresses and phone numbers. On paper written in ink or pencil, I just can’t be dependent on electronic servers to not actually serve.

I’m also not at all keen on the Zuckerbergs of the world selling our data behind the curtains of calling it social media. This is the crux of their businesses, the suggestions and adverts, there’s no money in us just chattering.

E09E024C-BCB8-45A3-B7F3-44CFC46775DD.jpeg

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Those who use Faceeache and its children, may well be advised to go in and change your password and other details.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
For those users Faceache has come up with a solution in case it breaks down again, just follow the instructions, and everything will be Ok again.
newfacebook.jpg

Reactions: Toddy

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
when the net goes down we wont be discussing it on here lol
Never underestimate human ingenuity ;)
For years people in Cuba where internet access is horribly expensive and only available in certain areas folk get around the problem by trading USB memory sticks full of useful data. News, movies, educational material, sales/wants etc Read & pass on, add something if you want.

Reactions: Toddy

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
WickrMe is a better messaging app than WhatsApp.....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I think the issue with Assange was he did not distinguish between illegally obtained information in the public interest and outside the public interest. He made it all public not curate it like whistleblowing publications. The guys who broke Watergate would not have dumped it all out like that, they'd have done their job and sifted through to find actionable material within the law.

As much as you might believe in holding power to account the Assange guy was a narcissistic individual without the scruples most on here would have. As much as I dislike the ahole Zuckerberg he knows to keep himself out of the news. Assange was never the news but the way he did things was as much about him being the news.

BTW in response to issues of online safety Zuckerberg pushed back bit Dorsey from twitter acted. I kind of think I'm glad FB is down because of that.

Don't use it. Got tired of realising that fairly normal people I knew became reactionary aholes on FB. I got sick of privately putting one such racist, misogynistic individual in his place to ripped him a new one publicly. Shortly after that I left the toxic FB.

You think mewe, telegraph, etc better? That's a joke. Isn't telegraph the home of some right wing echo chambers that led to jan 6 insurrection?!

As to selling information well what makes one better than the other. In the UK loyalty cards from petrol stations to supermarkets to outdoor shops all harvest personal information for gain. No privacy in the modern world. Electoral roll is accessible to all. Companies actively datamine it to sell on information. You think the American medical companies aren't selling information too? You have no privacy as long as you are in the modern world. The issue people seem to have is they don't like the users to be truly successful at it. Success is the issue you could say.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
A tech at Facebook essentially pulled a foundational jenga block out from the bottom and the whole tower collapsed.
Quite amusing at just how catastrophic it was. Facebook employees could not get into buildings or even rooms within buildings to deal with the problem, as their swipe card security system was reliant on services that were effectively taken down.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A tech at Facebook essentially pulled a foundational jenga block out from the bottom and the whole tower collapsed.
Quite amusing at just how catastrophic it was. Facebook employees could not get into buildings or even rooms within buildings to deal with the problem, as their swipe card security system was reliant on services that were effectively taken down.

Not a common know fact , but if you take the letter of ' Facebook ' and re-arrange them and squint at them whilst balancing on your head you can clearly see it say ' Skynet '

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Not a common know fact , but if you take the letter of ' Facebook ' and re-arrange them and squint at them whilst balancing on your head you can clearly see it say ' Skynet '
The tech did tell the machines to stop talking with one another.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I hope he's honing his CV in preperation for the fallout that's to come...

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Zuckerberg and crew are too busy sharpening knives for that ex employee whistle-blower who said they focus on profit at the expense of online safety for teenagers.

Mind you the news last night interviewed a former senior exec who looked after past online safety issues for FB and carried out research into online safety for FB who left and set up a consultancy and charity for it. She basically said the whistle-blower was right.

When there was the last bit safety scare twitters Jack Dorsey got twitter to put in place a much improved system and readily appeared in front of lawmakers around the world. Zuckerberg and FB did the absolute minimum I believe and refused to appear in front of lawmakers except the US Senate which they kind of had no choice.

In light of the attitudes of these social media companies I can't see how anyone can support them with their use of it. They make money from users. Boycott it and if enough do so they will not get their money at the same rate. Hit Zuckerberg in his b share price I say!

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Iirc in front of senate but refused uk parliament committee, I think eu parliament or commission too. A bit of a kerfuffle over here about his arrogance Considering it b was about Cambridge Analytica, a British company.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
As an aside, I read that a lot of highly successful people like Obama, Bezos and Zuckerberg reduce the number of decisions they have to make by doing things like wearing the same clothes every day, eating the same things, etc. The theory is they don't have to invest energy to decide on the mundane things so they spend it on the important decisions that drive their business or nation forward.

That, IME doesn't work for everyone. I wear the same things to work, jeans, black polo shirt, plain socks, outdoor trainers, etc. It's my uniform. I'm still no billionaire nor am I running a country! Where did I'm go wrong?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE