Extended bushcrafting trip?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Hi guys,
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm starting my gap year next year and I was wondering if any of you know of any companies that do extended bushcrafting courses or trips, or anything like that. I'd go exploring without a company but I have no bushcrafting buds of my age to do it with :p
When I was on a course in the summer I was talking to an instructor who had done 3 months tracking somewhere abroad, it's that kind of thing that takes my fancy, although a proper all-covering bushcraft thing would be better. Or bushcrafting/canoeing, or something like that.. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Allie

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Allie,
I went on an Raleigh International Expedition to Chile when I was 18. The three months over there were broken into four phases- each phase being a different project. The projects included sea kyacking, mountaineering and two community work phases.
On the expedition we used lots of bushcraft skills like cooking on open fires, sleeping out, fishing for food, building makeshift basha's etc.
Although we wern't taught Bushcraft par se, we were using alot of the Bushcraft skill set everyday as part of the trip.
I had a great expedition and will never forget it, check it out. www.raleighinternational.org
Ta Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE