Expedition Foods

G

goshow

Forget your pot noodle, Bean Feasts or Rat packs, these meals by expedition foods are the absolute nads.

They offer very high calories, carbs and protein in a just add water bag, fantastic for when out and about.

For example, Hot cerial with Mango. A great tasting porridge like breakfast with bits of mango floating around in it. Nice and thick, warming and a great energy boost first thing in the morning. Open the bag, add water, wait 5 mins and enjoy. 807 kcal, 38.5g protein, 93.4g of carbs.

This is just one meal out of a massive range of tasty grub.

Not bad pricing either at around £4 per meal.

http://www.expeditionfoods.com/shop/index.php

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I very much doubt it is. The OP's made a number of posts on unrelated subjects, has plenty of details in his profile and has been a member since March. It's either a very devious, long thought out campaign or a genuine recommendation.

leon-1

I very much doubt it is. The OP's made a number of posts on unrelated subjects, has plenty of details in his profile and has been a member since March. It's either a very devious, long thought out campaign or a genuine recommendation.

Yes, very true he has also had an infraction thrown at him in the past, so I am going to PM him and find out his take on this, but for the moment he has the benefit of the doubt.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm quite partial to these myself - the 24hr freeze-dried ration packs weigh in at about 600g, fit in a (largish) pocket, and contain over 2200 kcals. Not exactly cheap right enough...

No connection other than as a customer. ;)

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Creatine in the energy drink. Think I'll skip it. The german made meal packs in GOoutdoors are really tasty, the scrambled egg looks minging but taste amazing.

I have found the USMRE packs very tasty, for a veggy, and lots of goodies.

Nick

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Expedition Foods do have a very good reputation.

Food of this type is invariably expensive, which is why dehydrators and vacuum sealers are becoming more popular for self prepared meals and snacks.

Personally, I really like the Travel Lunch range of freeze dried meals, lovely aroma, beautiful taste and rapid, full rehydration using a minimum of fuel and water.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The guy has a lot of posts on another forum so he's a good guy and not a spammer, he just found a product he likes and wanted to share:aargh4:

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
Imo it's much more tasteful, healthy and cheap to fill some zip lock bags with oats, milk-powder, dry vegetables, dry meat ...
Why are so many people keen on buying low-grade food from industrie or military?

G

goshow

The guy has a lot of posts on another forum so he's a good guy and not a spammer, he just found a product he likes and wanted to share:aargh4:

Cheers Rich / Steve for the back up.
I appreciate how this may have looked like a spam / sale technique however, it wasn't and It never ceases to amaze me how quick folks are to doubt others or jump on someones back on this site. It's a shame because on the whole i like this site.

I have had a very good experience with expedition foods and thought i'd share it to others who have never heard of them. If this is a crime then so be it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE