Exped tipi tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Just back from a two week bushcraft trip, took with me my arran 5 and my exped tipi tarp. The arran is cool, roomy stable all that. But im writing this to let you all know how cool the Exped tipi tarp is. It is way cheeper than the arran (and a lot smaller, does come in handy when only small pitches can be found) it retails at about 160euros. You can have a fire in it, me and my lady and two dogs all fit in. It only ways 1.3kg and packs up to the size of a hootchi! You can stand up in it and as the name suggests you dont have to use it as a tipi you can use it as a larg tarp. All in all a very nice bit of kit!! :) :)

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
i've also got a tipi-tarp, on yarrows recomendation, and its superb. light weight and enough room for 1 in short term luxury (wouldnt want to spent a week in one if the weather was so-so). i've used mine all year round, and when correctley tied down it stays up in some pretty heavy weather - use the guy ropes! the length of the center pole is critical to how well they go up.

inshort, wouldnt be without it.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
On a similar note, I was after a Helsport Varanger 4-6 tipi for the faimily jaunts, but the cost is close to 700 pounds for the outer, inner and floor so will just have to wait when I save a few pennies. Has anyone here had any experience of these models or a similar lightweight tipi design for a family???

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
mojofitter, the zip goes all the way up so you can open the top to make a nice vent.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
lardbloke said:
On a similar note, I was after a Helsport Varanger 4-6 tipi for the faimily jaunts, but the cost is close to 700 pounds for the outer, inner and floor so will just have to wait when I save a few pennies. Has anyone here had any experience of these models or a similar lightweight tipi design for a family???

That's the exact model i have. It is good. But i guess they are all "much of a muchness"....

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
Having an Exped Tipi-tarp, I can definately say they are excellent peices of kit.

Lightweight, simple to put up, spacious, room for a fire, can stand up in serious amounts of wind, cheap and last but definately not least - its a very small footprint.

What more could you want out of a home?

AUSSIE

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2004
Can anyone tell me who sells Helsport in either the UK or US? Does anyone know of a reliable online supplier in the US, UK, Norway or Europe? Thanks!!

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
very small pic's of the tipi-tarp in action... if any one wants lager pic's give me a shout and i'll e-mail them

Attachments

• tipi reading 120.jpg
    tipi reading 120.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 98
  • windly hill camp 130.jpg
    windly hill camp 130.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 89
  • last camp tipis 120.jpg
    last camp tipis 120.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 88

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Great piece of Kit - I am going to order one this afternoon.

info@sackundpack.de
Very helpful staff with two english speakers. Couldn't find it in UK, though Tiso where very interested when they saw it on the web.

euro170.40 - including shipping to UK

Meaghaidh

Aug 10, 2005
Peak District
Hi guys,

The uk distributor for Exped kit is Lyon Equipment, Dent, West Yorkshire. So I assume they should be able to supply us direct in the UK.

Paul B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE