exped bivi poncho

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
any one know where to get this biviy/poncho on line in the uk or anyone know of a hight quality poncho that can also be used as a bivy bag.

The exped bivy/poncho has dual sided studs down both sides so can be used as a full length bivy bag that snaps together length wise...

Col..

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
ive got a very similiar army issue poncho with the studs and its got eyelets for using as tarp 10 quid from my local army surplus guy, not sure about using it as a bag though.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
yeah i have one too, but when you turn it length way all the male studs line up together and you cant close it, with the exped one, all stud are double sided allowing you to snap it shut the full length therefore turning it into a bivy...

Col..

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
not half Rich, i have enough trouble walking, with that i would be tripping over my feet every 3 seconds, i guess i will just have to order from abroad....thanks anyway mate, always appreciated

Col....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
not half Rich, i have enough trouble walking, with that i would be tripping over my feet every 3 seconds, i guess i will just have to order from abroad....thanks anyway mate, always appreciated

Col....

Reading the description it says you turn the bottom hem up inside and cinch it around your waist. Is the Exped similar if it's long enough to sleep in ?

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
yeah the exped has double sided studs on both sides of the hem, so you fasten iT normally as a poncho or you can sleep in it length ways and still do the studs up.

Ive got my nice green Hudson bay blanket for my 3 day west highland way trip in june and i dont want it getting wet, in fact if it rains during the night i might scrunch it into a ball, put it under my jumper and stand in the rain all night, i dont want to ruin that shiney green new thing look LOL.....

Col...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE