Excellent jacket/trouser combo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
hi all, when I was at airsoft on sunday a couple of my mates turned up in their new auscam gear that they purchased from a company called baseline supplies.
Basically what they were wearing was the most over engineered and well thought out clothing i have seen since buying a custom smock from SASS many moons ago.
They were both wearing what the company called 'stalker suits' http://baselinesupplies.co.uk/index...ket.html?SID=b28eb8a87c61598ccf660b26c9ab8903
Both the jacket and trousers had so many pockets to squirrell away various items that they didnt need to wear load bearing gear to carry mags etc.

Now I know that carrying mags isnt bushcraft but considering that the clothes come in a different range of camos and just plain old olive green or tan I thought it would be perfect for a bushcrafter to wear for various outdoor pursuits.

The jacket and trousers have removable knee and elbow pads surrounded by cordura as well as having what i can only describe as internal gaiters around the waist of the jacket and ankle area of the trousers to stop debris going up inside and ruining your baselayers.

They are made from a double stitched ripstop material which was a good thickness and i daresay was windproof and could benefit from a good treatment of nikwax.

I dunno about you lot but i'm definitely gonna start saving for a set (£130) as soon as i can!

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
we were in a woodland setting and the cam blended surprisingly well, especially amongst the dead bracken. i only spotted one of them because he was wearing a portuguese flag on his arm!
but IMHO auscam can only really be used around autumn/winter time because of the orange and sand in the pattern.

and yeah i know what you mean about those assault packs, me and my mate at work have spent the day drooling over the website at stuff like that lol

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
They're probably really practical for kneeling and messing about in the woods but the knee pads put me off. Looks like some well thought out gear though.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Someone is going to have to do a test, I can see it being me....Not of that silly tactical suit (for civvies I mean) but the stalking jacket, and for that very purpose.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
It'll be a while before I can afford it, but I'd love to give it a go.

The tactical stuff is alright for airsofters and the like, but not for me. I do like the fleeces and softshells though and the bags look great.

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Yep the smock does look very nice. Funnily enough I've just been considering a SASS OG smock (the 'ventile-like' one) - what do you peeps think about the different cloths being used for the 2? I must say the SASS stuff seems better, although they might be jazzing it up a bit?

SASS also do a nice line in custom extras, but I do like the look of this Stalker smock... never seen a 'bivi bag pocket' on a jacket though???

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
SASS SAS OG smock for me in the end - although the Stalker is nice, I thought the MOLLE-type straps were a bit too 'army', along with the velcro patches. Would be interested to hear how you get on with it if you end up ordering one Dougster.

No connection to SASS, etc, etc but I must say the lady there (didn't get her name) was extremely friendly/ helpful and they even do 3 standard lengths depending on how tall/ wide you are (not very and a bit too much in my case :D) Add in a few custom extras and I can't wait to receive it early next week :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE