Everyday uses for a multitool

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have a SOG and a Gerber . They have been used for bike maintenance, working on the boat and outboard, camping, and all sorts of other things that I can not remember at the moment.
When we were on a canoe trip once, one was used to remove a fish hook from a dog's paw.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The most amusing use of my Leatherman was pulling a Cub Scouts tooth :)
It was a loose baby tooth that was annoying him - and I let his Mum borrow my Leatherman and do the deed!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
years ago i bought a leatherman pst 2 and always like to have it with me. When i was a breakdown/recovery mechanic it was invaluable. Now i do a lot of hillwalking and bushcraft activities and it is still invaluable. Still think about upgrading it though !!:):)
Quixoticgeek, is it you on the walking forum as well ? I am Wombat on there:):)

Yep that is me, I am on a number of Forums as Quixoticgeek.

The most amusing use of my Leatherman was pulling a Cub Scouts tooth :)
It was a loose baby tooth that was annoying him - and I let his Mum borrow my Leatherman and do the deed!

And I thought I was bad for using my Wave for surgery...

victorinox makes an adapter which takes standard screwdriver [etc.] bits....

Ooh, I wonder if they made that when I first looked at the leatherman. Again, borrowing from the analogy of Apple vs android. I've bought into the leatherman ecosystem now...

J

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I used my original Leatherman PST along with a Victorinox Astronaut SAK to re-attach the tension bands on my step-daughters dental brace when they cam off one sunday evening, when she was due to fly to the states on a school trip the next day. Not easy as I recall!

Dave

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
My Multi tool lock pick thingy...saved a few padlock and attachments from total oblivion. some took seconds to open, some minutes, others i gave up and oblivion ensued thereafter. still a neat trick for the bag.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a swiss army champ, as I figured the only time I'd need a proper pair of pliers, was for a vehicle, and in that case I'd have a little tool kit/repair kit with me anyway.....:BlueTeamE

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
When we were on a canoe trip once, one was used to remove a fish hook from a dog's paw.

That was a Leatherman Surge, the dog owner used the wire cutter to snip off one end to pull it out.
My PST has seen many uses from fixing watch straps to repairing irrigation lines in olive groves and earned me several beers in pubs for freeing beer pump nozzles and attempting to repair the sump pump in the flooding cellar (bottle caps and ring pulls kill impellers when dropped down the grate).
My Surge is used almost daily, yesterday it was used to fix the mum in laws fridge door, glad I had it for the dog that day though :)

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE