Evening All.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
Hi all

This is my first post after finding the forum through another member. I think the site is brilliant. Its packed full of information and I will be getting more involved over the coming months.

Although I love camping, I havent been for a while, and I havent really had the opportunity until now to try out bushcraft so I am quite new to it. I am willing to learn though so I will be asking plenty of questions.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Aha the icons - yes, they've confused me too and we seem to have more of them than
we did before (don't know if you saw the old site before we migrated last week).

I used to be 'strictly armchair' but I'm going camping in a few weeks so I'm getting to
pick up some cheapish gear and the advice from people on here has been invaluable.

Where are you from?
Welcome :)

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
Aha the icons - yes, they've confused me too and we seem to have more of them than
we did before (don't know if you saw the old site before we migrated last week).

I used to be 'strictly armchair' but I'm going camping in a few weeks so I'm getting to
pick up some cheapish gear and the advice from people on here has been invaluable.

Where are you from?
Welcome :)
Hi Jodie.

I didnt see the old site, but from what I have read so far this one is better anyway.

I am from Worthing on the south coast, but originally South London.

Good luck on the camping trip. Have you got anywhere in mind?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello and welcome to BcUK :)
Your camping gives you a head start on many.
It's surprising the number of folks who have joined with an armchair interest and then find themselves swinging from hamocks :D :cool:
Questions are good things, and we all learn from the answers.

Cheers,
Toddy

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
Hello and welcome to BcUK :)
Your camping gives you a head start on many.
It's surprising the number of folks who have joined with an armchair interest and then find themselves swinging from hamocks :D :cool:
Questions are good things, and we all learn from the answers.

Cheers,
Toddy
Hi Toddy. Ive been and got myself a new tent and sleeping bag this morning. Im planning a quiet weekend away to test the waters. First time camping in about 8 years!! Its been too long. I went through all my equipment earlier and had a great time thinking about the times I went camping with the kids while they were still kids. Organisation was the key. I had lists of just about everything but it made life much easier.

How do you add smileys to your post?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you look below the box you type your reply or post in, there's a field of assorted smileys, just click on one when you want to insert it and it will appear at the last cursar position. There a whole page more of them too that will open up; just use and close again. They're a neat way of including expressions in an on-line conversation :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
If you look below the box you type your reply or post in, there's a field of assorted smileys, just click on one when you want to insert it and it will appear at the last cursar position. There a whole page more of them too that will open up; just use and close again. They're a neat way of including expressions in an on-line conversation :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy
They dont work for me, if I cllick on an icon it goes into the title. I cant see the page of other icons that you mention either. Is it because I only have only made a few posts so far?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm, that's not right, and I can't see why being relatively new ought to do it either.
Best I can suggest is to contact Admin and ask them to have a look; they're rushed off their feet just now but they will get back to you asap.

cheers,
Toddy

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hello and welcome Brian,

When you click on 'post reply' do you see the following with the smilies just below the text box? (this is cut down)...

smilies.jpg

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hmmm curious,

I wonder if there is some setting that disables the use of smilies within posts and it has somehow defaulted to that? Bloody computers LOL.

I will have a quick look.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi Brian,

Have a look in your User Control Panel (this is near the top in the brown bar just beneath the bit that says Welcome, Brian.T.

After clicking that at the very bottom under 'Miscellaneous Options'make sure that your message editor interface is set to 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls'.

Hope that helps.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm going on a weekend course in Cumbria - doesn't it sound fun :).
I've spent the day in Netto looking for cheap stuff - a mistake!
Especially as one of them was in Peckham Rye (shudders).

Whereabouts were you in South London? I'm in Blackheath at
the moment but previously lived in Camberwell.

Jo

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
I'm going on a weekend course in Cumbria - doesn't it sound fun :).
I've spent the day in Netto looking for cheap stuff - a mistake!
Especially as one of them was in Peckham Rye (shudders).

Whereabouts were you in South London? I'm in Blackheath at
the moment but previously lived in Camberwell.

Jo
HI Jodie, hope your course goes well. As for south London, I was born and bred in Battersea (long before it was given Yuppie status ;) ) Im glad to be out of the place now though to be honest. Worthing is known locally as Gods waiting room :yelrotflm but I like it here. Ive got the coast in front of me and the south downs behind me. Couldnt be better :approve:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE