Europe 9.5 USA 6.5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
And this has what to do with bushcraft?

The building of the Celtic Monstrosity and associated golf courses destroyed large swathes of riverside and important lowland meadowland, plus habitat for things like otters, and its main purpose is simply to make the owner even richer than he already is. As a local it is largely considered an eyesore.

They only called it golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken.

Rant over. Apologies to those who don't share my opinions.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row

The building of the Celtic Monstrosity and associated golf courses destroyed large swathes of riverside and important lowland meadowland, plus habitat for things like otters, and its main purpose is simply to make the owner even richer than he already is. As a local it is largely considered an eyesore.

They only called it golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken.

Rant over. Apologies to those who don't share my opinions.

i share all of them

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england

This seems to be happening a fair bit recently. Whilst I'm in no way interested in golf and would very much prefer all golf courses to be left alone to overgrow into a more natural place, other chatter is on the forum for just that, to talk about other things which are non-bushcrafty.

Can I suggest that before members jump in head first with the "non bushcraft" ralated post complaint I suggest you view the location of the said post first? It appears near the top of the page.

These are just my thoughts and I'm not having a go anyone in particular, sorry if it seems that way HM. Sometimes it's good to chat about non related bushcraft topics sometimes. When I'm out on an overnighter with my "bushcraft mates", bushcraft topics are not what we discuss all night and day!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This seems to be happening a fair bit recently. Whilst I'm in no way interested in golf and would very much prefer all golf courses to be left alone to overgrow into a more natural place, other chatter is on the forum for just that, to talk about other things which are non-bushcrafty.

Can I suggest that before members jump in head first with the "non bushcraft" ralated post complaint I suggest you view the location of the said post first? It appears near the top of the page.

These are just my thoughts and I'm not having a go anyone in particular, sorry if it seems that way HM. Sometimes it's good to chat about non related bushcraft topics sometimes. When I'm out on an overnighter with my "bushcraft mates", bushcraft topics are not what we discuss all night and day!

Yes, your right. Seems I jumped in with my mouth open and my eyes shut.

mea culpa.

budgetbus

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2010
Nuneaton

The building of towns and cities and us generally living on this island has done most of the above. Because you dont like golf, its all wrong :rolleyes: i guess the solution is the liquidation of all settlements ? or just those ones that you approve of ?

budgetbus

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2010
Nuneaton

Ive noticed the attitude on this forum from some members regarding some issues stinks and is closed minded to other points of view to say the least. :nono:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Holy Cr*p you guys...lighten up.

I have now read all the posts and frankly, even with apologies Harvestman (none of which incidentally, were made directly to me) this sort of attitude is ridiculous...to any post, even if it had been in the wrong section.

I happened to be working at Celtic Manor for the event and while I appreciate some of what has been said, there was only one reason that I posted, which was the sporting feat of a massive points turnaround on the second/third days play by Europe vs the USA, which has now been superseded by a most glorious win!

But if you really want to take me (another Welshman) to task over the ecological/geographical/economic situation of Newport as a whole, bring it on matey but pm me rather than spout off on the forum.

Several expletives crossing my mind
Sack

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE