Estonia Kit List - Comments Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Pine smoked pants for the win :D

Seriously though hot stones are my preferred method for drying laundry. Very effective and the Estonian coast line is strewn with glacial boulder deposits

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Whooo! Hot stones = flying shrapnel:) (memories of trying out the old "hot stones under raised bed to keep you warm throughout the night" episode, which ended up more like "place curved face of claymore towards enemy"!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Whooo! Hot stones = flying shrapnel:) (memories of trying out the old "hot stones under raised bed to keep you warm throughout the night" episode, which ended up more like "place curved face of claymore towards enemy"!

lol, sounds like you went the whole hog on that one. For clothes drying you dont want them in the fire. just a big stone near the heat so it comes up to a reasonable temp rather than being scalding hot. Think radiator rather than claymore :D

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Yeah but surly if you put nice clean gruds on a dirty rock your missing the point? I'm thinking 3 pairs tbh. 1 on 1 dirty 1 spare. Same with socks except I will prob only take 1 pair of thick wool and then wear thinner hiking socks as liners.

How is the kit jig coming along?

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
So exactly how many spare socks and gruds are you taking now mate?

I'm still considering fresh every day lol

I'm not taking any spare now, I've seen your sock mountain and I can run faster than you can :p :lmao:

Seriously, I shall wash and dry too. TBH, I can get 4 days out of my VB socks before they start to smell if I talc regularly. They are impregnated with copper and kill everything.

Lined with thin merino socks, they will be the ones I wash-1 hour over a hot nalgene and they are bone dry.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
here you go mate

37cm in the park area currently

snowdepth_zps2d652849.jpg

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
More snow guys! And they opened a new 13km ice road to one of our small islands this week. -8 to -10 in the mornings!

Looks like you'll have your winter trip after all! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE