Essex Weekenders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Methusela

Jul 10, 2008
London, uk
Hi there,

I have finally gotten around to registering here after a couple of years on and off sifting through the older posts... some top stuff there :)

I've been camping since i was but a wee nipper and in recent years have gotten heavily into bushcraft et al... sadly living in london (and not driving) i don't have as many oppurtunities to practice and gain experience as i might like (frankly if i lived in the woods i wouldn't get as much time as i might like :) )

Anyway

My question to the forum.. does anyone know any good places in Essex to get away for the odd weekend and get back to nature?

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
no, but if you find one, tell me :D if you want to come down then i can take you round out local woods- but no camping and no fires allowed:(

Methusela

Jul 10, 2008
London, uk
Thanks NatG,

We have some good woodland (if a little small) fairly nearby but i was hoping for something a little more... well i would use the word wilderness except i'm pretty sure there's zero chance of that :)

Just figured it would be nice to have the option to escape from the rat race at short notice... (Bad week at work, stress overloads, abject randomness perhaps... :) ) I'm in the Ilford area if that helps and i reckon i could cope with about an hour's travelling (maybe a little more) before my general dislike of trains got to me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE