Enzo trapper 95 options

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am looking at getting an enzo trapper.

What options would you select. (I will probably get the kit)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I went with D2 and Flat ~ but I've made the bevel convex for extra added durability :D . I believe there was an issue with some folk chipping D2 Zero Ground Scandi's ~ wrong grind for the steel to be honest and I think they've changed the bevel angle since ~ could be wrong though :dunno: . No issues, that I remember, with their D2 Secondary Bevelled Scandis and I've had no problems at all with my Flat D2:approve:

I sourced the handle material from elsewhere and, if I were to do it again, hands-on experience would now lead me to choose something other than Verawood :rofl: (it's alternative common name, which I didn't know at that time, is False Lignum Vitae :lmao: :rofl: ).

Having lived with it a good while the only change I'd make to the design is to increase the length of the handle by half an inch ~ I have fairly large / wide hands and, from what I've heard in the past, the kit seems to have thinner scales than would suit me for extended use.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have just bought a couple from Heinnie. I got the Aus8 and D2.
I'm gonna have a go at the sv30 next.
Im handling mine, one in olive the other black G10.
Nice kits to work with and decent knives when finished.
1414217F-4358-4FDD-9EA1-AAD4E4BBBE39-5810-000004235612DEC8_zps015a12c3.jpg

needs more sanding then finished.
Will probably sheath it in Kydex if I can get sone olive green.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about the stainless version. But not sure.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The Aus8 is my preferred but I love the bead blasted finish on the D2.
Oh and mine are the scandi bevel.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Which holes? there are a few to go at on the trapper.
From left to right,

6.5mm,4.5mm,3.0mm top and bottom large oval then 3.0mm top and bottom 4.5mm,4.5mm,4.0mm top and bottom.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
From Brisa's site ~ and assuming it's accurate and the same for each model in the range ...

Thanks for that.

Ok so I have bought a blade....

Now what handle material.......

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just had drill bits in each hole for sizes.
The two front ones are for bolsters if required and can be bought to fit with pins from
English handmade knives.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Micarta, bone, or wood for the handle?

Then kydex or leather for the sheath

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Micarta, bone, or wood for the handle?

Which is your preference? Or do you fancy a change from your usual?

I went with my choice because I prefer wood but wanted something a bit more resistant to general knocks and swelling than most woods but without having been stabilised ~ and the high resin content of Verawood made it almost* perfect ...

* Verawood EATS sanding belts! And a rasp file will leave a fairly usable, if scruffy, surface :yikes: . As much as I like it, I would opt to not use it again! :rofl:

Then kydex or leather for the sheath

It's personal aesthetics, but I think you need to work out what handle material you want to go with before you consider the sheath material or style.

Think of it this way ... Let's imagine you want and need to make your knife resistant to the weather and other substances, you also want it to be easily findable from a distance, so you opt for a stainless blade and Orange G 10 for the handle ~ so an Orange Kydex sheath might be a more logical choice than brown / black leather.

Micarta is a funny one, part organic and part synthetic and you could go either way ... Horn / bone / wood are all natural / organic and tend to be better suited to organic sheaths. Sheath materials for stabilised (etc) materials will depend on what's been done ~ you'll not really notice a clear resin, but the funky dye jobs on some stabilised woods can throw the perception of what it is :rofl:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
For a change I have gone for micarta handles and I am going to foray into making a kydex sheath

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Im looking at fitting some Torx bolts so I'm able to change handle scales.
There are some nice looking Hessian micarta scales on EHMK.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
Im looking at fitting some Torx bolts so I'm able to change handle scales.
There are some nice looking Hessian micarta scales on EHMK.
Just read a thread on BB about casting/making two-part Micarta directly onto the knife so that the fabric bulges into all of the voids in the handle - this results in scales that can easily be removed and changed but still give an absolutely solid fit as they're cast to the individual tang. Dunno if I can post a link to that site here...?

Peter

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE