England to Norway. Fingers crossed…..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I used it three years ago, just before it stopped. There's been two problems in the past..

a: The route was only popular enough to be economical for 2 months of the year, the other 10 months it was running at a big loss.
b: It's about the same price as flying with Ryan Air and hiring a car for two weeks.

Hopefully the (loaded) Norwegian government can subsidize it, as I'm sure we'd use it if it was back on.

Glyn

Fantastic news if it actually happens. Scandinavia is uncomfortably too far by car from the usual Calais/Dunkerque crossings, and we usually end up doing a tour around Brussels as we usually miss the exit for the ringroad on the Autoroute :-(

I can feel an expedition coming on! Car share anyone?!
This year I'm going with the family, probably via Denmark.

By the way, much more impressive than The Atlanta vägen is Trollstigvägen IMHO...

Picture 1.jpg

Edit:
err, why doesn't it work to share photos from flikr anymore? "Invalid URL"?

Edit 2:
Well fixed it sort of, but the pics too smal
l.

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Make it stop ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can almost taste the fresh air ,
3.jpg

Twodogs

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I know there are freight ferries that you can take your car on and get to Gothenburg in Sweden. Not tried it myself but since I nowadays have a english woman sleeping in my bed and after 2 years of travelling from England to Sweden she is close to an expert on travelling from England to Sweden.

Oct 11, 2011
North Wales
Now that would be terrific because, without a direct ferry, driving to Norway for a camping trip complete with wife and kids is well and truly in the realm of serious ball-acher (I know, I tried to plan it, and thought "Nah").

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE