Elvaston Castle Woodland Festival 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

keithg

Jun 27, 2007
Aldridge, West Midlands
Been to the show today. This really is a wonderful show, with so many different skills being exhibited, by people who not only show their expertise, but are really willing to chat about what they do and share their knowledge and enthusiasm. To top it all the sun came out! The council must be congratulated on putting this on and making it freely available to all. Thanks to all involved in making this so successful.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
I can only echo what keithg has said it was a great day out and for the princely sum of £3.60 to park all day the show is a steal

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice to talk with everyone that came to the show.
Had an excellent time, and now full of more ideas for things to make. The guys on the council are well chuffed with how much the public and fellow demonstrators enjoyed the show. Great to see so many positive people.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
What an amazing weekend. I was expecting to see the best wood crafts demonstrators from around the country as an added bonus I was set up next to John Lord and traded bowls for flint axes and adzes. If you missed this year put it in the diary for next year, it is better than most shows that charge £10 entry.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Again I must say that this show was magic. So many great people with hundreds of years worth of craft skills amongst them. Great job to Derbyshire council for running it.
Addo mate, who do I need to speak with to maybe come as a demonstrator next year? And how much would it cost , etc

Thanks again Addo for raising awareness about it and a huge thanks to all the nice folks that were demonstrating and who spared their time to chat with us.

ATB
Craeg

Last edited:

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
We had a great time.

It was lovely to chat to you Robin. I dug out that spoon that I had half done when I got back and finished it off.

Willow keeps asking when her bowl will be ready:rolleyes:. Saying it needs a couple of weeks to dry and then finished doesn't mean much to a 3 year old.

Hopefully we'll be back next time.

Cheers

Grebby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE