Elvaston Castle Woodland Festival 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Come on down, up or across folks!
Its a free weekend festival in Derbyshire (apart from the small car park charge), with many of the top green-woodworking demonstrators in the UK, alongside lots of vary interesting crafts such as, clog making, baskets, blacksmiths, horse logging and chainsaw carving.
You even get to watch me carve spoons, and there's free camp-fire cooked food too. Bet you well interested now :D

Flier for the event
http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/Woodland%20Festival%202013_tcm44-225853.pdf

Say hello if you make it.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Come on down, up or across folks!
Its a free weekend festival in Derbyshire (apart from the small car park charge), with many of the top green-woodworking demonstrators in the UK, alongside lots of vary interesting crafts such as, clog making, baskets, blacksmiths, horse logging and chainsaw carving.
You even get to watch me carve spoons, and there's free camp-fire cooked food too. Bet you well interested now :D

Flier for the event
http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/Woodland%20Festival%202013_tcm44-225853.pdf

Say hello if you make it.

Doesn't look like there is camping offered or have I missed something? It's a lovely spot which I really enjoyed exploring during the Bushcraft Show.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Doesn't look like there is camping offered or have I missed something? It's a lovely spot which I really enjoyed exploring during the Bushcraft Show.

Theres non available to the public on site, but theres a place by the river a few minutes walk away, or a travelodge a few minutes drive away. hoping to get the old campsite back in working order for folks to use next year.

Missed this last time so going to make extra effort to get to this on the Sunday, I have a wedding to attend on the Saturday. Keep the kettle on Addo, although I guess I'll be making the brews if you are as busy as usual.

Welcome anytime teaboy!

Addo

Can I take my dog?

Yes

Would love to go but the wife has me down for a weekend in Kent camping :(

Never mind Steve, enjoy the trip.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Will come and say Hello I need to see a couple of people to help sort the woodland out need to get some timber planked

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Will come and say Hello I need to see a couple of people to help sort the woodland out need to get some timber planked

The lads from Bolsover will be there with the portable Mill. They might be able to help.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
This was a great event last year and if you have any interest on green woodworking it is one of the best gatherings of professional green woodworkers anywhere. Last year there was Owen Jones the last swill basketmaker, Jeremy Atkinson the clogmaker, Barn Carder spoonmaker, me turning bowls, Phil Gregson, superb wheelwright, chairmakers, cedar and canvas canoe builders and many more.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Just to bump it up and to warn addo I'm bringing shaggystu with me :eek:

OH O! I'd best bring supplies to nourish all these weary travellers :)

Just off to cut spoon wood for me and Barn, and find the parachute for the Derbyshire County council Crafts area.

There will be a pole lathe on our stand for you to play with Hairy Hippy, shave horse, kids activities, and campfire food samples.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE