Elastoplasts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grizzlyj

Nov 10, 2016
NW UK
I hadn't thought of little finger tip covers, I'll get some :)
I do usually start a decent knife in the swede, turn it over then thump the back on the knife on a chopping board but that's not very good for whatever board you have and I don't feel very nice doing that to the knife. So I was trying a different approach with the little Victorinox. I may get a chainmail glove which will probably end up saving me money compared to plasters if I carry on eating swede.
Orange jobs, not white with purple tops which are surely turnips?
There's more evil swede lurking outside. Even the crows won't touch them.

Reactions: zornt

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
neeps = orangey yellow things, big things. Tasty, especially with butter, salt and pepper :)
Awfully good roasted in a campfire too. Just wrap it up well with mud and straw or doubled tinfoil and bake it long and slow. Delicious :)
I still make my Hallowe'en lantern from one. I reckon it's supposed to be scary, while those pumpkin things always look weird to me.
Generational thing I suppose.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you're looking at chain mail gloves for cutting, they're expensive. Google repaired ones, they're a lot cheaper and just as effective!

Ho! Hum!:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE