Egg Powder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Tesco baking section - Supercook Egg powder - works for bannock, scrambled egg or omlettes.

Edit - sorry missed posts in the middle - didn't spot reference already there - I will be disappointed if they've completely stopped.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Well, I tried my egg powder this weekend. It was very nice! I put to much powder and added the water to the powder which resulted in lumps and a massive amount of egg to consume!! But it made damn fine scrambled egg! I will try adding the powder to the water next time :)

Will68

Oct 18, 2010
Evesham UK
I have searched everywhere for Egg Powder/Dried Egg in the UK. I’ve seen some recipes on here that use it. Can anyone tell me where they get theirs from please?

I repack egg powder as part of my business which wholesales all sorts of processed egg products. What I don't know isn't worth knowing! Any more questions are welcome! Beware the fishing bait powder, its inedible - not fit for human consumption.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I repack egg powder as part of my business which wholesales all sorts of processed egg products. What I don't know isn't worth knowing! Any more questions are welcome! Beware the fishing bait powder, its inedible - not fit for human consumption.

Cost for amount??

Will68

Oct 18, 2010
Evesham UK
never really thought about selling it in small packs, but top of head about £10 for 1kg packed in a resealable plastic tub which we use for salad. Its grade A fresh stuff which I sell to bakeries.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
never really thought about selling it in small packs, but top of head about £10 for 1kg packed in a resealable plastic tub which we use for salad. Its grade A fresh stuff which I sell to bakeries.

Where do I send the paypal to ??

Red

Will68

Oct 18, 2010
Evesham UK
use by on current stock is Nov 2011 and it doesn't make any difference how long its open for. Normal egg is 3 parts water : 1 part powder so 1kg is about 70 large eggs.

Will68

Oct 18, 2010
Evesham UK
Not sure how paypal works in this instance, only ever requested money via ebay, it states that I can request money from someone if I have their email address? Unless you know better?!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not sure how paypal works in this instance, only ever requested money via ebay, it states that I can request money from someone if I have their email address? Unless you know better?!

Dead easy will. You send people your e-mail address and they send you £10. Nowt simpler!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Cheers for the link Red http://shop.conserva.de/epages/es11...rva/Categories/Langzeit-Nahrung/powdered_eggs

This place is great I can't believe the stuff they have. For a long term vehicle camping this stuff is worthy of go. I've asked if their small aluminium bags could be filled with pre-cooked food(stew etc) sealed and then reheated via putting it in boiling water. I'm waiting on a reply I'll update on this if anyone is interested. They have tinned bread, sounds like a challenge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE