Editing software ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Can anyone recommend some photo editing software,

Must haves,

Be free,
Easy to use,
Be able to handle Nikon RAW images

Im aware that with those wants im not going to be able to do a mass of editing, its just the basics really.

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
An older copy of Photoshop could probably be had for little more than a few pounds. Even if you just want it for the basics, the support base is vast - which makes it priceless in real terms.

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements and Apple Aperture all (I think) offer free trials. You could just use and abuse then move on. If those listed have a month's free trial each, that's 4 month's worth of editing time :)

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Gimp is free and there is a free plugin called UFRaw which will enable you to handle Nikon RAW files http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html if Gimp hasn't yet built in Nikon RAW ability.
I have used Gimp a little and with each new release it gets better and better. As techgadgetsteve said there are loads of Gimp tutes on the net and should be easy to find out how to do what you want.
We use Photoshop at work and Gimp covers most of the stuff that the cut down version (Elements) has to offer. That said Corel now own the software for Paintshop and they do a cutdown version for £29 http://store1.corel.com/corel/category.jsp?cat=cat3600081&tagId= I don't know about Nikon RAW with this one but it might be worth doing a few searches. If you want any more info pm me and I will see what I can do.

Cheers

Sack

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Adobe light room 3 has just been released. Define free?

Gimp is an open source project and is free to dl in its entirety. If you wish to make a donation you are free to do so.

Personally Paullyfuzz, for a novice, I think Gimp is your best option.

Last edited:

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE