Eden - 2016 Channel 4 TV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone else watching EDEN? Its also available on 4onDemand if you've missed it.

Thoughts and Intelligent Discussion welcome here.

MaddogMatt

Oct 9, 2015
Suburban West Birmingham
I have just watched the first part on 4OD, seems rather like C4's bread and butter 'reality' ****e at first glance. They all have different 'skills' but not many seem to be able to get much done. Exception is the carpenter guy.

Sorry can't help with intelligent discussion, personally I would not spend a week with them let alone a full year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Hope it improves, one might assume that propinquity would work its magic but I would rather not know the details. Funny building ideas as well. The loner seems to have been cast in that role by the producer. I would like them to get on and do something and why would a chef wanting a change want to spend his time cooking, for a change? Then there is skill transfer, she is the shepherd, OK, but where is someone learning from her to relieve, understudy or help in emergency, same applies to all the alleged skills of the group.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
To be fair, its a sad indictment of our society as a whole that this is classed as starting again... its just embarrassing.

Rather than it being about people surviving from the land, its more about interpersonal relationships and the selfish nature of those involved. Given the supplies and the location, they should be thriving, but instead they are squabbling over rations... they're right next to the sea. Surely the effort should be to catch enough food so there is no need for rationing?

From what I've seen, and it isn't a whole lot... one fisherman... just one! :eek: And they're there for 6 weeks with the resources they have before they decide to build a log cabin? 6 weeks and they haven't made use of traps, rods etc etc?

They are not starting again, they are on a year long camping trip... and frankly they're wasting the opportunity. My wife said earlier this evening that I shouldn't comment on what I haven't experienced, so if anyone happens to have the facilities to do this sort of project under the same conditions, I'd volunteer. If after 6 weeks I haven't caught a fish or built a substantial shelter, then... and only then... will I offer respect to the 'contestants' of this latest reality show.

I never thought I'd say this, but Bear Grylls Island is more entertaining.... at least their only supplies is tools and a gallon of fresh water. They survive a month on their skill and wits... or not.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Saw about 1 minute of it late last night and just thought 'oh i'v seen this show before'.
So many of this type of show are exactly the same. They build and make just enough on the first few days and then basically just spend the rest of the time sitting around, suffering and bickering

i'v seen a doctor, a joiner, and a fisherman. Is there a decent hunter with them, anyone who works on the land?

I know one of the lads that was in the bear grylls show, (joe the young farmer, think it was the second series) apparently they were given a lot more than tools and water
Not actually seen the show meself, but there was a pond, that was dug and filled by the crew for the show and the lil crocodile was released from a cage just off camera for that 'scene'.....just a couple of things i remember him saying

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Perhaps the makers should return to the BBC Living in the Past way of filming. No resident cameras just frequent visits to see process or not. Letus not discuss again the authenticity of the BBC programme. I just think that they are all playing to the cameras. Or, have we raised a generation of wimps?

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Seen another recorded episode and a drone has left the group Don't know whether it was deliberately ironic but she left with somebody else carrying her rucksack.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I was speaking to a few 'locals'. It appears that the landowner has got exemption to the right to roam law in Scotland and is seeking to prosecute anybody that 'trespasses'. He's stated that he intends to seek prosecution to those that left the sweets and beer on the beach. I'm sure I'm right that he'll have a hard time as they were left to seaward of the high water line. I understand that there is a road relatively close to the land and they're not as remote as its made out. I think I mentioned it in another thread that it would be very difficult to do something like this or the history channel's Alone show in this country. I switched off tonight, Big Brother in the wild is not my cup of tea. You can see the individuals have been chosen to provide an abrasive edge for others to rub up against and make good tv. Alone I still like and enjoyed the second series.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I watched the first episode with high hopes after we were all discussing this show when they were touting for contestants, looks like the completely threw away the actual starting from scratch original premise

anyhoo i think it's a right bag of **** and such a waste of a beautiful area, might visit for some wild camping once this is all over as it looks like a great place to exist for someone who actualy effin likes being in the outdoors instead of this bunch of pathetic excuses for life

anyhooo here is the exact location of the beach that they dropped the sweets off at

Attachments

• eden.jpg
    eden.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 34

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just looking at the map i'd bet you my favourite body parts being fed to a bear that within 2 mile of where they are sleeping that there is easily foragable, clams, razor clams, cockles, mussels, winkles, multitude of seaweeds from dulse, kelp and several types of wrack and even mebbies sea kale and definitely laver, right that was heading in one direction from camp :lmao:gotta state i am no expert by a very very long shot but lets say they headed inland, i'd again feed the bear with some choice appendages of my own if they couldn't easily forage within 2 miles nettles, at least 3 different berries all year except winter, then when in season apples, pears, plums, rosehips, several cherries, walnuts, acorns, hazels and pignuts, again take more of my flesh for the bears if within 2 mile of where they are sleeping you couldn't easily snare/trap/hunt for rabbits, squirrels, deer and a shedload of fish

and what do we see everyone doing?? Dossing about, the only time they all agreed was to brew up some beer and get ****** and have a party, i seriously need some good outdoor time the fact i am even watching this crap tells me i need oot the hoose

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE