Ed Stafford new programme

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
It was OK. But a fundamentally flawed concept. One man can achieve very little without tools and will end up spending a whole day trying to chop a tree down with a sharp rock. Hence almost 2 weeks were covered in one hour and even then very little was demonstrated as everything he is doing is so labour intensive. Nice idea but the less Stroud concept of having a basic plausible tool kit is better and even he struggles to get much done with all the filming as well. I guess the concept helped sell it to discovery though.

P.s. where did he suddenly magic a nicely fitting shirt and flipflops from half way through when he was struggling?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I enjoyed it, not an easy programme to make ill-conceived or not lol. I enjoyed his other ill-conceived programme Walking the Amazon, he had the nerve to use GPS and wear clothes, blooming great wuss:rolleyes:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Well he kinda proved by day 9 its almost impossible to do, he had to break into his emergency kit and use the anti biotics other wise it probably would have been the end of the adventure so realistically the experiment as originally set out failed, im not knocking him as i doubt id last as long as he did before needing them, Dont think id have eaten anything (apart from the coconuts) without first cooking, and his water looks dodgy to me, if he's really drinking out of plastic bottles washed up on the shore without out being able to sterilise them then its little wonder he got stomach problems.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I think it was a good concept based on the fact that it demonstrated to me how well we have done through evolution and industrialism.

A man such as ED, with his countless experience and military training found it difficult to sort even the most "basic" of tasks without the necessary tools to do so. Hopefully as the series goes on it will show him evolving, making tolls to accomplish tasks and making his life easier.

All in all i think it will be a good program to illustrate the real needs of someone in a pure survival situation who hasn;t been prepared with the basic tools to help them survive.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I enjoyed it, not an easy programme to make ill-conceived or not lol. I enjoyed his other ill-conceived programme Walking the Amazon, he had the nerve to use GPS and wear clothes, blooming great wuss:rolleyes:

Dont suppose you have a youtube link to the Amazon one do you Rik?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE