EasyHammock hammocks sale. Last bump.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys.
I have two brand new and unused insulated hammocks. Hiker in blue and Hiker XL in green. These are mk II as seen on my website http://www.easyhammock.co.uk/store/product/hiker

Reason for sale is that with new year I will be moving on to mk III. They will be exactly the same with one difference. I found a supplier of climashield apex insulation which will save 200g in weight, about 20% in packing size and will cost significantly more. So if you don't have to carry your hammock 20 miles up hill, this mk II is perfectly functional.
Both come with ridgeline organizers, compression sacks and 8m suspension straps. I hate throwing stuff away so looking to cover cost of materials P&P etc. GREEN ONE NOW SOLD, PRICE DROP FOR BLUE ONE TO £90 P&P included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nice65

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
I can vouch for these hammocks from Matt I've tried them out that's excellent value

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
:soapbox:
I can vouch for these hammocks from Matt I've tried them out that's excellent value

Ah, myself and Greg have had a few conversions about the hammocks, but never had a name apart from Bigmonster.

Could we get a couple of compression sacks Matt? Me and Greg? Bushcrafter and Hiker XL size.

Diamond Dave was asking if the issue with lack of packaging system and 2.5 metre straps had been addressed just a couple of days ago. Product is great, but get on the forums a bit if you want the chat to happen?

http://www.realoutdoorsforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/hammocks.1516/#post-38973

I said you'd supplied 4m straps rather than the 2.5m, but didn't think there was a stuffsack. I like my Hiker XL very much, less impressed with it arriving in a cotton pillowcase, literally, a pillowcase. I'm glad you have included a bag for them now, I haven't seen it, but it's got to be an improvement. The double ended bag design that UKHammocks have/had is brilliant, all the hammock is contained while one end is attached to tree, then just grab the other end and walk to the opposite tree. Doesn't touch the ground at all.

I've said it before, but people like a complete unit, they enjoy the feeling their money has been well spent on a pleasing, practical, cool product. I've stuffed mine into a large size DD snakeskin which works fine tucked in gaps in my rucksack, but if it had arrived in a compression sack with the ridgeline organiser ready to go, I'd have raved about it at the cash I paid (£160). As it was, I had to look at storage solutions that added to cost, including a compression sack dry bag from Alpkit, completing costs at around £185.

I fully appreciate it's a fairly new business, and you respond very well to critical feedback. What I really don't want to see is something I've seen many times with new makers, failure due to silly things like pillowcases, maybe lack of comms, taking on more than you can deal with etc. We all know that UKHammocks rep is badly tarnished, so do attend to the detail, it means a lot to your punters.

Keep potential customers up to date before they hesitate to push the button, unless they check your site there's no chat on the forums I get on about improvements to the system. I'm all for you fella, the ridge line organiser is supremely functional as it allows a full Nalgene or other bottle to lay horizontal above for easy reach and, no sitting up and your bottle hitting your head, the hammock itself is very well made.Touches like that will only be talked about on forums.

My comments are in the wrong forum, it shouldn't be in sales. :jacked: :hammock:

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Really after a green one, I guess I'll have to wait for the MkIII, will it be much more in cost?

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
MkIII will be £200. But they won't be available until late January as I need to make sure I know what I'm doing with climashield. Thank you for your interest.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
My Hiker in green is really great, used to get very comfortable sleep at a "wild camping" event in Hatfield Forest. Coped with my bulk and was super comfy.
I'm very impressed, may have to order a couple more for the girls and get rid of the wide variety I already own.
The pitch was quick with the kit supplied and the envy of everyone, even those in their own hammocks.
Now sits in my bergen with a down blanket (Alpkit) and will get used for most events in the forest.
Many thanks indeed!

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE