Easy Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Tried to view with Chrome but it crashes, not happening with any other web site / page. Just to let you know.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Thank you Paddy. I'm hosting this website with an external company so have no control over coding. Hopefully it's only a minor glitch.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys. Little heads up for our Hiker MK II http://www.easyhammock.co.uk/store/product/hiker#&gid=1&pid=1

Managed to get my hands on continuous insulation that comes on a roll rather than loose in a bag. This allows for more even distribution, less stitching, less chance of cold spots, and the biggest thing - big saving in weight. Had to use couple origami tricks but the STANDARD size now weight 1330g (plus suspension) and the XL 1580g, bugnet, underquilt, ridgeline the whole thing.

IMG_2457.jpg

All orders are now shipping MK II.

Last edited:

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
At the moment I'm focusing on finishing the Bushcraft and the Winter hammocks, tarps will come in the future so maybe then we can look in to integrating that as well.
But for now it should be easy to DIY, probbably can be hooked up to the existing carabiners. Stop puting more ideas in to my head :)

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
At the moment I'm focusing on finishing the Bushcraft and the Winter hammocks, tarps will come in the future so maybe then we can look in to integrating that as well.
But for now it should be easy to DIY, probbably can be hooked up to the existing carabiners. Stop puting more ideas in to my head :)

Just had a look at your site for the Winter model, and you note the way the insect net has been replaced with a solid material - is that water resistant at all? Also, how breathable is the material? Just thinking about being sealed inside a dangling sealed bag!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
For the overcover I'm using the same uncoated, breathable ripstop nylon used in the rest of the hammock. I'm going to eastern europe for Christmas to test the insulation, if the overcover gets too sweaty/frosty well put a mesh breathing section in it.
Or a custom order with winter insulation and standard bug netting, but the solid fabric overcover in my old DreamHammock was making quite a difference.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've been having a few problems with my set up recently and have retreated twice to Madams tent in the middle of the night. First was using a small and slippy partially inflated sleep mat that wouldn't stay under me, second was the new underquilt busting a shock cord as I moved in the night. I'd heard a ping, but assumed it was my knots settling in. No, the UQ was on the ground, and I had CBS all over. :rolleyes:

I've had a few hammocks, even the 'floating bed' Draumr, but apart from a Claytor Mosquito padded with a wide Alpkit mat (no diagonal lay), I'm struggling to get some warm sleep.

I'm 5'11" and like some room to wallow and move. Do I go large?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That's what put me off hammocking for couple of years, messing with UQ and matts, my main objective with EH was to minimise the fiddle factor.
Regarding the size please read this section of FAQ http://www.easyhammock.co.uk/blog/choosing-theright-size

Tell me about it, it's a PITA to lose the underquilt in the night. I tried fixing it, but took the soft option. It's annoying, I've had so many excellent nights in hammocks, but as I try to refine weight and comfort, I've come unstuck.

I have discovered the hard way, from my first ever hammock night years ago when I had no padding under me and was freezing, to getting it nearly right but banana sleeping, to a diagonal lay and Onetigris UK that was a bit saggy, then popped once tightened.

I saw that sizing section on the site, I'm stuck on sizing just now, and liking the inbuilt UQ. I'm using a Woodsman X which has a very handy ridgeline within the bug net. It supports the bug net, but a torch can be clipped to it. It also has a suspended bag with pockets for keys, phone etc. The info on their site doesn't list length, but I think it's 9 feet. Another good feature is bug net storage pocket. There's a mini stuff sack at the head end, so it's easy to deploy if the biters start in. In your vid you said it's stored in an elastic band. I don't mind that, but is there a fixing point for a light?

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
If you have a Woodsman X than you are familiar with diagonal lay and you know the shoulder squeeze syndrome (DD hammocks) is not an issue. So your only concern when choosing size is lenght, if you are ok in the Woodsman without your face/feet pressing on the bug net than you will be ok in our standard size. I think they make it 10 feet same as our standard size, but we have a different suspension (rope through sewn channel vs larks head over whipping) which utilizes the whole lenght of the hammock body giving you about 4 inches more of actual lenght.

We also use structual ridgeline to support the bug net and to give you the right sag every hang, so you can use it for hanging stuff like I did at the end of my demo for my hat https://youtu.be/PNveXlBgv_8?t=2m22s
And of course you can add a ridgeline organizer for all the small bits like phone, glasses, watch etc. http://www.easyhammock.co.uk/store/product/ridgeline-organizer

When it comes to the storage space in the hoods I had to choose between going fancy and keeping it simple and light. There is a paracord loop hanging inside each hood. At the foot end I have added a shock cord loop so you can unzip the bug net, bunch it up and hold it together with this shock cord. Very simple but actually much quicker and lighter than a separate storage bag. At the head end there is just the loop hanging, what I do is after getting my hammock from the drybag, I clip the empty drybag to that loop creating storage bag for my jacket for the morning. Nothing fancy, just two cords hanging at each end but it's simple, weights nothing and gives you a lot of options to do it your way.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Having tried it at the moot, the large 3.3m model was an excellent fit for myself. Annoyed as I'd just bought a WBBB. It's just been delivered, so I'm weighing up whether to sell it. Or have even more hammocks in my life.

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
Keen to see pictures of the Bushcraft version. I could be tempted to swap out my Woodsman X; love the diagonal lay and find it comfortable and warm with a 3/4 thermarest but the zips are a bit fiddly and it annoys me when ever I used it.

If I can get a flat lay with better zips I'd be all over it.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I have couple of prototypes for the Bushcraf and all that's left is to make the production specimen, shouldn't take more than a week or two.
I think at the Moot we had a woodsman in the shop so there was a chance to compare the zips, maybe someone can comment on that :)
All I can tell you is that we are using beefier no5 zipper vs no3 on the woodsman. Also the bug netting is much more durable, I have no desire to shave off grams and compromise durability.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
If you have a Woodsman X than you are familiar with diagonal lay and you know the shoulder squeeze syndrome (DD hammocks) is not an issue. So your only concern when choosing size is lenght, if you are ok in the Woodsman without your face/feet pressing on the bug net than you will be ok in our standard size. I think they make it 10 feet same as our standard size, but we have a different suspension (rope through sewn channel vs larks head over whipping) which utilizes the whole lenght of the hammock body giving you about 4 inches more of actual lenght.

We also use structual ridgeline to support the bug net and to give you the right sag every hang, so you can use it for hanging stuff like I did at the end of my demo for my hat https://youtu.be/PNveXlBgv_8?t=2m22s
And of course you can add a ridgeline organizer for all the small bits like phone, glasses, watch etc. http://www.easyhammock.co.uk/store/product/ridgeline-organizer

When it comes to the storage space in the hoods I had to choose between going fancy and keeping it simple and light. There is a paracord loop hanging inside each hood. At the foot end I have added a shock cord loop so you can unzip the bug net, bunch it up and hold it together with this shock cord. Very simple but actually much quicker and lighter than a separate storage bag. At the head end there is just the loop hanging, what I do is after getting my hammock from the drybag, I clip the empty drybag to that loop creating storage bag for my jacket for the morning. Nothing fancy, just two cords hanging at each end but it's simple, weights nothing and gives you a lot of options to do it your way.

That all sounds just about perfect. I have had a problem with my face against the net, and when I sleep without it my head is almost out of the hammock, so large size might be better.

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
I have couple of prototypes for the Bushcraf and all that's left is to make the production specimen, shouldn't take more than a week or two.
I think at the Moot we had a woodsman in the shop so there was a chance to compare the zips, maybe someone can comment on that :)
All I can tell you is that we are using beefier no5 zipper vs no3 on the woodsman. Also the bug netting is much more durable, I have no desire to shave off grams and compromise durability.

I will await a production model with interest. All it needs to be beefier really.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE