Easy tracks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Driving to work today along a single lane road there were sone lovely tracks in the snow. Thought I'd snap some pics for people to practise with. Now this is for newbies so if you know don't let on so folk can try to figure it out for themselves.
7ysy5e3a.jpg

For scale
myju8unu.jpg

Have fun

Orric

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
The ones in the left of the top picture and bottom of the bottom picture look like a dog or a fox. The other ones I think might be something like an otter but that's just a wild guess based on size compared to the K9 ones. Don't think its a badger though as claws are not pronounced enough.

muracada

Jan 1, 2014
Devon
Hi there, I think Ecoman may be right. The smaller ones look like a fox, the rear pad seems to be the same size as the toe pads and impressions of the two claws on front pads. The larger ones with five toes look like otter, since I think the rear pad is wrong shape for a brock. Is there also an impression of the otter tail dragging, or something completely different? It isn't elephant, they all fly south for the winter
Cheers

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wow, I got it (sort of) right. I might have to start looking around in the sand near our house and see if I can see more to identify.

Go for it. Post pics of what you find. I love finding tracks. Believe it or not i don't get to see a huge amount of wildlife when I'm at work! Although got some cracking sights of some hen harriers last year :)

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE