Eastern Canada?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Don'tkillbill

Anyone out there in Eastern Canada.

I'm here on PEI wishing I had real rocks to bang together! All sand stone here you see. I'd love to find a group of knappers in the maritimes so I can learn a little.

Any suggested resource materials. Seen some nice arrow heads done from bottles. I could manage to kill a bottle of 18 year old single malt so I could knap :lmao:

I hear there is nice stones to be found in the bay of Fundy area and I bought an arrow head from a little mineral and fossil shop near a local reserve in Parrsborro.

Drop me a message or reply.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know that you've got a couple of member in Halifax and there's another one in the east somewhere. I used to live in NS, NB and NF lovely part of the world and I'd probably move there if it wasn't so cut off from the world!

The kids were watching Ann of Green Gables yesterday :lmao:

M

Millbilly

Kane said:
If I could get enough points on the immigration test I'd be there now :(

Kane
Tell me about it! Spent a few months living in NS, and travelled round Newfoundland. Used to get out to PEI quite a bit, as my ex lives in Charlottetown. If i could, id still be there! :)

Welcome aboard!

D

Don'tkillbill

Hopefully I can find a few like minded people. Today I was in the woods behind the house, actually more of a swamp making a lean-to. This will be my winter retreat wear I snow shoe out with my daughter to roast weiners and marshmellows. I want to make it solid enought to keep the snow out. I'll cover the opening with an old tarp and fill it with spare fire wood. I can walk for hours out there nothing but swamp. I might venture out and make another camp further in later in the winter.

Lots of red spruce, birch, popular, some maple and a little cedar. Last year I managed to make 2 litres of maple syrup. I found another syrup donor today a big sugar maple should be good for a few gallons of sap its self!

D

Don'tkillbill

Kane were are you?

I know that i live in the smallest of Provinces and they have a bugger of a time to get people to move to PEI. Not much for industry except aerospace and potatoes.

G Obach

Dec 2, 2005
halifax
hey Bill
i just moved out to Halifax in the fall...... but i don't know a lick bout knapping... .. i used to do lot's of blacksmith and bladesmithing out in northern ontario... but not much now...

I picked up some agate in bay of fundy..... just on the shore.... lot's of nice rocks out there..... I was looking for flint to make some sharpening stones.... but didn't find it..

Greg

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Don'tkillbill said:
Kane were are you?

I know that i live in the smallest of Provinces and they have a bugger of a time to get people to move to PEI. Not much for industry except aerospace and potatoes.

In the UK mate :D

Kane

D

Don'tkillbill

Greg, I had a trip to fundy on the NS side this thanksgiving but it rained so much we drove to Halifax and when shopping at MEC!

We managed to hike to a nice water fall and find a mineral shop in parrsboro, the lady told us were to look for rocks after I bought some stuff from the shop.

Don't miss out on FUndy National park in NB and Chignecto park in NS! Then there's Cape Breton! You have it made!

I'm seriously spread thin on hobbies actually I dabble in too many so I'm afraid to get started in black smithing! I might get a grinder so I can make some crude arrow heads. Any pics of your progects?

G Obach

Dec 2, 2005
halifax
i'll have to look around for some pic's ... here a little photo album of some misc...

most of the knives aren't finished though..... just progress pic's... if you click on them you can see the pattern better

album

bladesmithing is fun.... matter of fact i believe its a skill everyone should know how to do..... you'll especially appreciate the quality over what can be bought from the factories...

Greg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE