East Anglia Group!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
so you'll be hunting then lord lurcher? :rolleyes:

if were lucky we should find the odd crab apple tree too!

does anyone want to plan a meet for mariots way, after the 11th?

i think it would be worth meeting up a fair distance from the city to get away from any rubbish and fumes(believe me theres alot at the city end)!! prehaps near costessey or horsford i have space in my car for 3 people anyone else intrested?
:D

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
No i dont think i,ll be hunting on marriots way! unless its a wayward mountainbiker!! Def up for it though, there are some good spots around felthorpe and lenwade, I will confirm that i can come nearer the time, we should all meet up as all live so close!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
so first you start on the deer and now you tell us you don't like mountain bikers either? :eek:

we could probably find you some hikers and the odd horse! :D :rolleyes:

then there's the dog walkers! ;)

and fish!

voles?

on the serious side, :eek:

we could make a day of it and take lunch with us.

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
Fenlander & I are planning another weekend at the site near Bury St. Edmunds for 1st./2nd October. I shall be demonstrating how to ponasse fish and thought that as this time of year offers such abundant foraging we could make Sat. evenings meal just from wild foods. On Sunday we'll break camp & head over to Bradfield Woods for some woodcraft & perhaps some more foraging.We shall be in some expert spoonmaking company there as some of the Bradfield crowd have just returned from Sweden where they have spent time with master craftsman, Wille Sundquist.
Any other offers of workshops welcome either for this weekend or future meets.
More details / directions nearer the time.Cheers.

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
jem seeley said:
Fenlander & I are planning another weekend at the site near Bury St. Edmunds for 1st./2nd October. .

Will be there! :)

jem seeley said:
Any other offers of workshops welcome either for this weekend or future meets.

I could do some stuff with birch bark. (depending on if I can find the time to gather some from the forest.)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
well i haven't been around much but,
in my time over the last 6 months away from the east anglia group,
i have been working very closely with Dave watson of woodland survival crafts as an apprentice survival/bushcraft instructor,and shall continue to do so (Dave watson was doing friction fire lighting masterclass at the wilderness gathering i was going to be demonstration at his stall but coulden't afford the travel :( )

as for workshops:

i will happily demonstrate fire bow technique,
string making though probably too late in the year ,
whistle making (i can show theory but i'm not perfect at it),
water collection,
also if we have some natrual materials i can make a raised and a sprung bed!

take your chioce! :)

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
Yes,Fenlander, if you would be so kind!(you seem very chirpy-good weekend???)
Rappleby,thanks for the offers.Fenlander has recently covered fire-lighting although I'm sure they'll be some who missed it.Water collection sounds good though.The site is a little short of materials(essentially old parkland-big trees in clumps & grazing meadow)so bed might be a bit thin!
Ranger bob,if you can get some bark still I'd love to have a go.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
Me and my shorts would like to come along.... this time I'll be staying/camping.
I also have homemade hammock and tarp to try out. I may also let you see my Great Kilt.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
hi fenlander,
could you send us the details for the camp,
i should be able to come.

i've been pm'ing snufkin (from north walsham) and we should meet him soon, as i can give him a lift!

i have some new gear to try out,
including that hammock underquilt i talked about!
yes i made it, feathers everywhere! :eek:

i'll bring my bushcraft demo bag with me.
hope to see you soon.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
If you are serious about giving a demo I can bring about 15 bowdrill sets and 5 or 6 flint and steels if we want to let the Scouts have a go at fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE