East Anglia Group!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Anyone up for a forage on mousehold heath ?? There are some apples that cook up into a great crumble, blackberries, elderberries and other bits and pieces although it's a bit early for the chestnuts and beech nuts yet. Seems like a good way to spend a couple of hours and there are still parts of it I've not been to yet.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
while we're out and about, i'd be most greatfull for some pointers on what 'schrooms you can eat...

i've got alot to learn :rolleyes: , anyone who knows i'm eager to learn :)

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
How about sunday 11th sept?? any of you available that day?

I've got to go to work at 7 pm but it looks like I'm free all the rest of the day. The giant redwood seems as good a place as any to meet, I'll put directions etc up for anyone who doesn't know where it is in a day or two.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
11th is fine with me!

does anyone want to meet this sunday afternoon, say 2pm at the same place?

i have several different shelter/tarps if anyone wants to learn how to erect them or what they are like.

also i have some tent poles to show how they can be used.

and a hennessey hammock to drool over!

i'm happy to meet up at the same place on mousehold heath i know of some quieter areas away from dog walkers and mountain bikes.

bring some tea/coffee making gear!

it would be great to meet up!

the place to meet:

from the city travel though mousehold on the main road half way through the area flattens out and there is a football pitch and bandstand one side of the road, and a restarant and car park the other there is a giant redwood(tall conifer with very soft spongy dark red/brown bark) to the left of the restarant is the meeting point.

ps do wear old shoes, dog mess unfortunately is abundant! (though i will take you to a nicer area).

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
if you are interested in meeting tomorow 2pm tell me ASAP otherwise i will cancel the meet. cheers. :)

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Hi all,
New to the forums and very interested to see that there's an East Anglia group (hopefully a displaced Geordie still counts lol) - what sort of basic gear/knowledge is needed for your meets?
Cheers,
Kane

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
2Pm on the 11th is good, found another path onto the heath from my new house that takes me past a few good fruit patches.

It's a good place to stock up on tinders, I've seen about a dozen types of fungi when I've been there recently, masses of blackberries, elderberries and things like apples, sloes, rose hips, and other autum goodies to eat.

At the moment there isn't any potable water to speak of so bring your own.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I might have to nick some of those blackberries. I need 2kg for one bottle of some blackberry whiskey. My area should suffice, but it'll be mainly edges of fields....

Should be able to make that time.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
sorry you guys couldnt make it today but it was a good wander round with rapley2000 thisafternoon. see yous on the 11th

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
hey kane, don't worry just come along and enjoy yourself, we're all learning!

i had a great meetup with R-J today, lovely weather, we spent a little while looking at hammocks and tarps then went for a walk around to see what we could find, loads of berries and fruit and tinder suplies! which we will direct you to on the 11th!

make sure you bring a good container like a 2L icecream box to collect with!

plus i think in the near future we should take a trip to the old norwich-aylsham railway line there should be plenty of food to gather!

looking forward to meeting some more of you soon! on the 11th!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE