East Anglia Group! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Fenlander said:
Myself and Ranger Bob are currently planning a meet for the weekend of the 13th and 14th August and obviously anyone is welcomed to join us :D

Bu**er. Going on holiday that weekend. Yet another local meet missed. :( I think that's the third time I haven't made it. :rolleyes: One day I'll make it...

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Becketts is good but have started selling what seem to be manufactored army copies, which are often less rugged. Therefore, try Hoopers as well as Becketts; which is in the centre at Pottergate (map).

Ray Mears - Bushcraft suggests this for the most basic kit:

• Something to carry your outfit in
  • Something to sleep under
  • Something to sleep in
  • Something to sleep o
  • Navigational equipment (not really for overnight stay in one location though...)
  • Something to cooker over
  • Something to cook in
  • Something to carry water
  • A mug
  • Eating utensils
  • Food
  • Medical kit (no comments Fenlander or Jeromy!...)
  • Illumination at knight
  • Wash kit
  • Possibles to make life more comfortable
  • Clothing
And, of course, I'll be there if the meet is confirmed. A little late, maybe, but there none-the-less ;). Anything before September, really, although I could probably make a weekend meet pretty much anytime. I'll fit my schedule around bushcraft :D.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
the whole site that's a bit greedy! :D

beckets are indeed going the way of the world "cheap and nasty" but you do find the odd bargain, also they sell hennasey hammocks and crusader cups/ cookers in non stick.

hoopers,
make sure you take a look upstairs it's good for a rummage.

also try to ask for discount you may get some money off if you're nice.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Haven't been posting much of late, sorry. Hard at work and also the lure of my mountainbikes is hard to ignore in summer :) . I really do want to make a meet up but can't do 13th-14th. Maybe next time :rolleyes: .

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
I was really looking forward to meeting you guys this weekend, but unfortunately work has banished me to chelmsford of all places!!! Therefore i'm unable to come! GUTTED! Maybe next time hey, do you meet fairly regularly? Have a wkd time anyway and i hope to meet some of you soon.

If you wish to take part in the cooking workshop, please bring along some or all of the following:

Medium sized zip-lock bag
a roll of aluminium foil
a couple of eggs
milk/milk powder
salt and pepper
Self-raising flour
porridge oats
a large potato
an orange
an onion
carrot
pepper
garlic bulb
mushrooms
(plus any other vegtables you like)
meat (whatever you prefer)
stock cube/cubes
a banana
bar of chocolate
:eek:

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
hopefully i'll be there on sunday morning! especially if theres a possibilty of improving my bannock making skills... trust me, i need some help, lol.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Of course :D. Goes without saying ;).

Leaving tommorrow morning - I'm now off to pack and find some of that food.

How many meals is that list designed to create?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE