Early spring where you are?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2007
essex
It is here. I have seen daffs and primroses out now since late December in some places! Blackthorn already in full leaf too.

It just doesn't feel right. I like the seasons to be seasons, but recently it all seems to become a blur.

Kris

JohnL

Forager
Nov 20, 2007
West Sussex
the papers the otherday said that from now on there are going to be no more winters in England, it is going to go strait from Autumn to Spring.
There are nettles coming up round where I live. Cooked some up last night. Good to have, but I also would like more defined seosons.

JDCP

Nov 2, 2005
South Staffordshire
I just photographed a Peacock butterfly in the back garden...unfortunately I'm too thick to figure out how to stick it on this post (the photo not the butterfly).

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Here in The Netherlands, spring is in the air too. Soft weather and lots of leaves starting to unfold. Weird.

-Emile

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No question about it Spring is here - Blackthorn is out,, gooseberries and rhubarb are in leaf, now for a bit more Bushcrafty evidence try these Wood Ant nests today

2255114706_0ed1cc0033_o.jpg

2254312575_b3c0d50b8d_o.jpg

The primroses are out

2254589507_8e07d54e6d_o.jpg

And the violets

2255391412_6692194b92_o.jpg

I'm surprised you have seen blackthorn in leaf Kris - I have seen plenty in flower but no leaves yet here

Red

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
The blackthorn is in flower here in Suffolk too. Daffodils are out too. I saw a butterfly this morning in the graveyard in Burgh Castle. And loads of spiderlings ballooning this morning along the Waveney river.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Blimey so they are Jon - its amazing how different these things are a few hundred miles apart!

Too right, but it was just a few leaves sprouting. I like you am surprised that Kris has leaves out over in essex, but then again with the seasons being as they are and a tree in a warm sheltered spot..............

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You must live in a funny place...

I have seen hazel lambstails, but nothing more than you would see at this season

also snowdrops croci and members of the primulas....but no wild primroses, just the cultivated sort that bloom all winter anyway.

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
I live alongside a wood here in the outskirts of Cardiff and there has been the tapping of a Woodpecker every day since Friday.

Time to think of tapping myself , only I'll be tapping a Birch. :D

regards

beach bum

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I live alongside a wood here in the outskirts of Cardiff and there has been the tapping of a Woodpecker every day since Friday.

Time to think of tapping myself , only I'll be tapping a Birch. :D

regards

beach bum

The tapping of the woodpecker is the male greater spotted. If you get a bit of wood and tap against a tree to imitate the woodpeckers tapping, it will often attrack it to come closer to you, thinking your a rival male on his patch...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE