Early Easter Bunny

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Our dog would have been at the window itching to chase that one. We don't give her the opportunity since last spring she pulled a young un out of the hole it ran too. The bunny wasn't quite quick enough to make it deep into the hole. She's already looking at the bunnies across the canal from the path. Good job she hates water or she'd be over there.

Reactions: santaman2000

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sweet little chap/ chapess. . I do like eating the chocolate ones myself rather than this version. Too cute for the pot.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Sweet little chap/ chapess. . I do like eating the chocolate ones myself rather than this version. Too cute for the pot.
When our pup caught her young bunny we told my dad. His reaction was to ask if we kept it for the pot. Having told him it was only a baby he replied that it would still have been nice fried up. Must admit my first thought when I got told about the kill by my partner, was whether she kept it for the pot. Waste not, want not and all that. More respectful to eat such a kill than leave it behind.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
My wife always bickers at me when she sees a cute bunny or a pheasant or goose or duck or deer. This is because my wife always says 'awww look at that cute (insert cute animal from above list)' and my response is always 'click click bang! They taste nice!'

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: santaman2000

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
The dog saw or scented a bunny on this evening's exercise outing, in keeping with COVID service. If was at the entrance to a path leaving the canal towpath. She went completely manic as she was just so close to catching it. The same place that she caught the baby bunny a year or so ago. I didn't get a good look but I think it was an adult bunny too. One for the pot if she'd caught it!!!

Needless to say she managed to get through a very dense hedge into the field after it. The dog was hyper for the next 15 minutes after.

Whilst I'm not into pet dogs savaging animals when out and about, but part of me likes it when a terrier acts to be type and hunts. I know she has the killer instinct as she's killed the bunny she caught quickly. The rat wasn't killed though I think they aren't as easy to kill and she was just a puppy.

Sorry if this is off topic and a bit away from the Easter spirit. More on topic the Easter bunny will be hiding Easter eggs shortly for our lad. Anyone know if it's supposed to happen on good Friday or Easter Sunday?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
On Easter Sunday unless the custom’s different over there. I believe part of it started with being able to eat eggs again after Lent (whIch doesn’t end until Easter Sunday)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE