E-bay - Unbelievable cheek

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
can i just confirm it is the US army survival manual,
i burned it on CD years ago for free!
which i since have printed for the cost of 100-ish sheets of paper.

very cheeky!
I've seen quite alot of this manual about,
it's not that great! there are a couple of survival web sites based on this book!
I would say it has very limited use for bushcraft,
there are a few mistakes and some of the techniques are never going to be used in Bushcraft, like:

CHAPTER 20: SURVIVAL MOVEMENT IN HOSTILE AREAS
Phases of Planning - Execution - Return to Friendly Control
CHAPTER 22: CONTACT WITH PEOPLE
The Survivor's Behavior - Changes to Political Allegiance
CHAPTER 23: SURVIVAL IN MAN MADE HAZARDS
The Nuclear Environment - Biological Environments - Chemical Environments
Aircraft Vectoring Procedures
life raft use!

and please don't attempt!
CHAPTER 17: EXPEDIENT WATER CROSSINGS
- Rapids (don't even think about risking your life!)

nearly all the "APPENDIX" are fairly american specific!:
APPENDIX B: EDIBLE AND MEDICINAL PLANTS
APPENDIX C: POISONOUS PLANTS
APPENDIX D: DANGEROUS INSECTS AND ARACHNIDS
APPENDIX E: POISONOUS SNAKES AND LIZARDS
APPENDIX F: DANGEROUS FISH AND MOLLUSKS
basically don't bother!

Yes it's a survival book, US forces etc, blah blah!
but that's who it's designed for, US forces that may need to escape and evade,
not your average Bushcrafter in the UK

my advice download it, read it, after you realised it's the same stuff in every other book just with american spelling!delete it, and forget all about it! ;)

i'd stick with this forum, the BCUKmagazine,Rays books, and lofty wisemans SAS survival book(in collins gem size)! ;)

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Tony,

Now I see what I'm missing by having the community page bookmarked and not the main page, lots of info there mate, great :D

Brian

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
spamel said:
Are we talking about the third picture down on the left? Brings a whole new meaning to the genre!
I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out! :eek: Wahhh I must be getting old, or just blase about such things :sigh:

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I'm half tempted to send him a question.......

"Is this the USA Army survival manual that is available free all over the internet, or does it have something special on it?" :D

I suppose good luck to him...free download...10p for a cd, it's a nice little earner

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I wonder where his material comes from?

Possibly the internet, are ther any good respostories or forums where he could get this information? :eek:

Maybe somebody who specilaises is Bushcraft, UK or otherwise :lmao:

It might be worth somebody buying a copy and checking :rolleyes:

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Zodiak said:
I wonder where his material comes from?

Possibly the internet, are ther any good respostories or forums where he could get this information? :eek:

Maybe somebody who specilaises is Bushcraft, UK or otherwise :lmao:

It might be worth somebody buying a copy and checking :rolleyes:

See post #21 above mate ;)

leon-1

I wonder if J Neilson knows that someone is using a picture of one of his knives from his website in thier advert for this.

In fact I am beggining to wonder how many of those pictures have been harvested from other sites and are being used without either thier owners knowledge or permission.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
leon-1 said:
I wonder if J Neilson knows that someone is using a picture of one of his knives from his website in thier advert for this.

In fact I am beggining to wonder how many of those pictures have been harvested from other sites and are being used without either thier owners knowledge or permission.

About a year ago some body contacted me to say that one of my photos was being used by somebody selling something simliar. I reported it to e-bay and they got really medeaval on his backside. :D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
So if part two is the survial manual..

Where does the info from part one come from? Which looks like it contains some interesting articles.

He seems to sell a lot of cd books and ebooks, so he is either very clever and knows a lot, or just copies information from else where to put on a cd and sell.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Marts said:
See post #21 above mate ;)

It was the bits not in the US manual I was wondering about like making a knife, there is plenty here that he could have nicked :eek:

I mean to say its all good stuff :lmao:

leon-1

Zodiak said:
It was the bits not in the US manual I was wondering about like making a knife, there is plenty here that he could have nicked :eek:

I mean to say its all good stuff :lmao:

It could easily be from here or BB, but without the CD to look at there's not much either site would be able to do about it even if it is

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE