Dymondwood camp knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
AUS8 stainless steel blade hollow ground, given a satin finish and heat treated to Rc 58,
the scales are black & silver dymondwood backed with red fibre liners and 2x 1/4" mosaic pins & a 6mm lanyard tube.
Blade length 110mm (4.25")
width 25mm (1" )
spine 5mm (0.2")
A sheath of 3mm veg tanned shoulder is supplied with knife ( photo to follow )

Im asking £70 inc postage etc for this blade

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice looking tool, looks like it will last a lifetime.
Nice to see a hollow grind on a knife it will be much easier to look after in the field.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hollow grind is a slight convex shape to each side of the blade, my understanding is they're not quite as strong as a flat grind but easily sharpened.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Thanks for that info Ian, I think I have exhausted by bushy budget this month. I really do like the knife and a lot of the others you have made. I will keep having a look at this thread.
However if my 6 numbers come up tonight you have a sale! lol

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hollow grind is a slight convex shape to each side of the blade, my understanding is they're not quite as strong as a flat grind but easily sharpened.

A hollow grind has a concave shape to each side, not a convex shape. Personally I don't think they are any easier to sharpen than any other knife grind with a secondary bevel.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
You really won't regret this! Ian's work is superb and I'm so glad someone bought this before payday! I don't need another Elma knife! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE