dutch ovens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Popped over to Brighton today, only to find someone has claimed my Dutch Oven!

IMG_1634.jpg

My Grandson obviously also has the potential I had hoped for, as he and Barnaby Bear had not the slightest interest in the presents :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The Dutch oven is plenty big enough for a good sized pheasant or chicken and a load of veg and I can't wait to give bread a go in it.
My little ally dutch oven will be redundant, as this one is fantastic quality and a realistic size too.
Many, Many thanks for doing the Group buy and accommodating my many questions and the redirection to avoid the additional cost to the Island

stewpot

On a new journey
Dec 26, 2008
cheshire
Don't want to sound pedantic, but what make are they, or where made?
All my cast iron stuff comes from the USA, and i've been very happy with it.

stew

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Just served Jedediah and jungle-re, along with wives and children, a pheasant casserole out of mine - and it's fantastic. Must buy a bigger one to go with it.

How have I lived this long without one?

Thanks Sandy...

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Oh, so excited now :)

Is the seasoning process absolutly necessary? Any advice on care?

Yes seasoning is very necessary. If you don't do it and do it right
The first time you try to cook in them. You will have the biggest
mess you have ever seen.
By the way the one I use for horse back camping is over 75 years old.
And makes the best Biscuit you ever put in your mouth. The best way to season one is to build a big fire in the backyard. Cover the pot an top with lard inside and out. Put in fire for about 20 minutes. When you take it out brush the soot an ashes off and reapply lard. After it is don
never wash with soap an water just wipe it out with a rag then put a small amount of lard inside heat wipe out again. store in burlap bag,

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
hi all, i've been in touch with dave and he will not be getting any 6ltr dotch ovens in for a few months....he can get more 8qtr dutch ovens in for £35 plus postage.
ok
sandbag :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE