Dutch Oven Recipe

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Just noticed there was a dutch oven group buy on the go, not had mine for all that long but i thought i would share one of the decent recipes i have for it.

Cassoulet

IMG_2471.jpg

Chorizo
Haricot or Canellini Beans
Chopped toms
Garlic
Tomato Puree
Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper
Breadcrumbs
Carrot
Celery
Onion
Pork (cheaper stewing stuff)
Duck (legs or breast)
Red wine

I usally start with heating my dutch oven whilst i'm prepping all the ingredients

IMG_2470.jpg

Get all the veg chopped and everything ready, my meat was already ready from a previous cassoulet it was chopped and frozen, and defrosted for this one

IMG_2472.jpg

Take the already hot dutch oven out of the oven and put on the stove, a little oil or duck fat and fry you celery, onions, garlic.

IMG_2473.jpg

Chuck in the toms, beans, pork, lemon juice, 1 glass of red wine, chorizo, tomato puree, salt and pepper and water, the empty can of chopped toms is a good measure for water

Chuck this all in the oven for 1 hour

IMG_2476.jpg

Stir after an hour and chuck in the duck, legs are the usual but my wife doesn't like them so we go with duck breast

Cook for another hour, by this time it should be starting to thicken up a little, if its not cook uncovered for a wee while, keep an eye on it though as anything on top could burn
IMG_2474.jpg

I wizz up some bread slices to make bread crumbs then cover the full thing with bread crumbs, cook in the oven for 20-30mins keep an eye on this to ensure the breadcrumbs go toasted but not burnt

IMG_2479.jpg

You'll know when its ready, serve with loads of red wine, and it is very filling so if your into it which i'm not a green leafy salad

IMG_2481.jpg

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
fooooooooodddd drrrrrrrrrooooooooollllllllllllllll.

You lot are gits btw, im trying to diet and i keep seeing recipes for extra winter padding.

Thanks for the recipe :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE