Dutch canteen and cook set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
I seemed to stir in the pot about crusader cook sets...
someone pointed me in the direction of Dutch forces cook sets, since I have already the canteen, and the stainless mug.

Anyone here using the Dutch set? I wonder if they have the same principle as the crusader? Though I never encountered the cook stand nor plastic mug?

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
Well, to me the Crusader cook set exists out of 4 parts, the plastic cup, the inox cup, the plastic bottle and the cook stand (in which you make the fire)

The Dutch cook set has (to my knowledge) only two parts; the bottle and the inox cup, I know Dutch MOD changed things later, but I am unaware of those changes, do they have a fitting plastic cup and a cookstand (like the Crusader ) now, or something else?

I do know that the crusader and the Dutch set have a different size.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I guess the Dutch army issued a folding Esbit /Hexamin stove like Brits and Germans?
And together with it rectangular aluminium or stainless steel mess tins like the Brits.

Somewhere I got the Information that they also used the Bundeswehr mess tin, but that could be wrong of course.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
FYI. Dutch canteen cup fits the Nalgene Oasis canteen almost perfectly. The canteen does not go all the way, about 2cm gap remains betweet canteen bottom and bottle.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Get a plastic USGI canteen and cut it at the top of the cup and you get a bowl that fits between the two too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE