Dutch bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
So the arthritis fairy has paid us a visit again. With this humid weather even typing is hard, let alone walk or trying to hold something. Sorry to have missed this but am looking forward to reports or pics.

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everybody for the great weekend we enjoyed together.
Bushcraftuk.com has gained a few more Dutch friends who will be subscribing in the coming days, to exchange photo's and stories about their experience.

Parts of the weekend have been in English, since we did have one not-native person in the group. And I think we should aspire to make that happen more. I hereby proclaim an open invitation to everybody who's active on these forums for all the dutch weekends to come!

Special thanks to all the workshop givers and the people who have helped with building up the site and cleaning up afterwards. Great work everyone, this weekend would not have been possible without you!!!

With sincere greetings,

Jurjen Knoester
Program organiser

David.from.Holland

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2008
Holland
Really enjoyed the meeting, learned lots of stuff to try during my oncoming Sweden trip. Thank you Jurjen for organising the meet, and all workshop people for doing what they did.

Nice photos Cootje001!

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Hi all,

I was only there on saturday but had a very pleasant time, despite the lack of coals with the bamboo fire saw workshop. I especially liked the 12-course dinner (and I hope everyone survived my chicken-of-the-woods).
Hat's off for the organizers, roll on the next weekend!

The only thing that went wrong was the football match!:sadwavey: (despite Piet's generous catering of beer & delicious cherries)

Some more pictures (saturday only):
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/galemys/Bushcraftmeeting Hoorneboeg 210608/

Cheers,

Tom Lourens AKA Galemys

PS What happened with the lamb's testicle? Dit it end up on someone's plate?:eek:

Jun 23, 2008
Biddinghuizen
well hello

this was my first meeting with bushcraft and i LOVED it.
now i really want to continu with bushcraft and looking forward to the next meeting.

JURJEN tnx foor organizing it all i learned so much.

Greetings
Bjorn

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I also enjoyed the weekend, there was a very good atmosphere! Got to know some very nice people, including the one who just wrote above me. Thanks jurjen for the organisation!

Hey everyone,

There will certainly be another event, I estimate between 3 and six months and probably on the same location. The hoorneboeg was a great place in my eyes and I think we could do a lot more there.

For the next event I am looking for inspiration on new workshops. Please respond with any idea's you might have on thise.

cheers,

Jurjen

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Jan (Penvisser) and me talked shortly about the possiblities of a fishing workshop. It's a good idea and we could maybe give a workshop together, but we'll have to talk about it more.

Jur, the "official" Bushcraftweekend from Bushcraftweekend.nl will be held on November 1-2. Maybe it's a good idea to plan your weekend less close to that one than now?

Grtz,

Thijs

K

kamenka10

Dear Friends,

We dearly enjoyed the weekend Jurjen put together.
It was nice to meet all of you and exchange experiances with an other.

Allthough it was not possible for me to be there all weekend, my other half was there to pick up the information I was missing out on, have fun and take pictures ;-).
Which we are sharing by the following links:

genaral photos:
http://kifors.hyves.nl/album/28298393/Bushcraft_weekend_2008/FQ0k/

how to make a spoon:
http://kifors.hyves.nl/album/28300945/How_to_make_a_spoon/vO-5/

How to make a sheath: http://kifors.hyves.nl/album/28301083/How_to_make_a_sheath/NfGT/

Hope to read from you'll soon and we are looking forward to your pictures :)

Ruurd and KRiSTY

Hi everyone,

There are some "lost and found" items that where left over from the weekend!

1. Crusader cup (the military metal cup that can hold a waterbottle.)
2. Black 5 liter Ortlieb waterpouch (The kind that you can hang in a tree)

If you are the owner, please let me know and we can arrange for their return.

Greetings,

Jurjen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE