Dual Survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JIMMY2EGGS

Nov 24, 2009
bristol
Hi everybody,

Just wondering if any body has seen any of the eps of this new series yet, and what they think about it. It would great to hear your thoughts!

I've seen the first 3eps so far and quit like it, more from an entertainment sense but there have been a few tips I which i liked.

cheers Jimmy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've watched the first two episodes but not caught the third yet.

Not too bad I suppose, the bickering kind of takes the edge off it for me though.

Not seen anything I haven't seen before yet, although Lundins shelter was pretty clever in the first one.

JIMMY2EGGS

Nov 24, 2009
bristol
Just watched the 3rd. barbecued Iguana?

Has anybody read any of Cody Lundin books at all, and what would be your thoughts on them if you have. (hes the bare foot one)

JonathanD yep you tube best place.

Last edited:

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Thanks for posting the link. Been looking about for that since I heard Dave's stuff was being shown.

His own Youtube channel is well worth a look. Good on basic gear and techniques, not all Goretex, expensive kit and blades.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i like it but i feel they don't stay out long enough.
three days is too short imo, in survivorman it was a week and by that time you saw the effects of dehidration etc.

pete

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
I'm a fan on both of the men on this show. Been watching Dave's youtube videos for a long time and have read both of Cody's books. I'll take them over Bear any day and over Les Stroud also. Every episode so far they have had shelter, fire, water and food. I can't think really count the number of times I've seen the others go without. The bickering also dies down as they both get to know each other. The only thing I really think should be improved is to have them out longer then the 3-4 days they are out. They both know their stuff and are very good at what they do. More importantly they are both still very down to earth people.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I've watched them all on YouTube (I don't have Discovery channel) and I enjoyed them. Sure I could bitch about the details and things I think should be improved or made clearer and I hate the dramatic music but all in all I think it's a great show.

I don't think the men are "bickering" at all. I like the way they basically get along even though they don't always see eye to eye. For two men with quite different philosophical approaches I think they are very mature and gracious about the other's point of view and make an good team. I think their different outlooks give the show more interest as you see there is more than one way to look at a problem and solve it.

I also like the fact they show you things not working out the way they planned and things not working, like not being able to get a fire going. We all know that the whole thing is staged and that there's a camera crew with them the entire time but I don't think that matters, it is TV after all. If there wasn't any entertainment value the show would be too specialized only us hardcore bushcrafters and survivalists would watch it (and even then half of us probably wouldn't bother either).

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
I agree with Rebel, great show. Is DC the first person to transition from youtube celebrity to mainstream celebrity?

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I think Les is still best from the survival point of view but I enjoy these guys too as their "problem" is closer to what my mishaps are like. I've watched two episodes and I can relate to it at a visceral level.

I think they are not bickering but doing what is necessary to survive and that is to look at all the options. For instance the triple checking of the improvised harnesses and belays for the abseil in the NZ episode. It's really necessary to step back and not to fall victim to "finishing line fever".

Much more in tune with Cody than Dave. I'd feel the same way about Dave as he does. lol

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE