Driftwood, Shells, Hag stones, Beads and Buttons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Thanks Mods for helping to put this in the right thread

So what can you make with 'stuff' you've beach combed or got stashed ???

I've been feeling a bit creative lately and please note these are not my ideas they're just what I've made from searching ideas on the internet...

The best advice someone gave to me is JUST DO IT... DON'T THINK ABOUT IT....

Driftwood trees...

IMG_4943_zps8e488f72.jpg

IMG_4940_zps66cd8f1e.jpg

Take some driftwood from the beach and arrange as you want.
Remember those old beaded car seat covers from the 80's?, take the beads from one of those and spray blue (or what ever colour you like) as i'm going for a bit of a beach theme add a shell to the bottom and thread onto some cotton string.

Denim Garland

IMG_4944_zps97d66b96.jpg

Make a circle from whatever you have to hand and cut some denim strips from some old jeans approx 8-9"s long and 1" wide. Wrap once and do a single knot, add some driftwood, a hag stone and some beads on a piece of string in the middle.

We've recently been doing up our house and garden getting ready to put our house on the market and we needed a new garden shed on a budget... So one £117 pound 6x4ft shed painted buttermilk to match the rest of the house and add a few homemade decorations...

IMG_4946_zps78fccfd8.jpg

OK it looks like Xmas in Blue... lol... only 147 days to go...

I realise in 12mths time they will probably need replacing but Hey!!! I'll probably be looking at doing something different by then anyway...

Sea Shell Mobile...

Now make your own sea shell mobile.... I must admit I'm rather pleased with this one. :)

It has pride of place on the Bathroom wall. It just goes to show the less you think about things and just do it!!!! the better it turns out... Take your favourite things, shells, hag stones, buttons and beads. Lay out on a kitchen worktop and then curse like a good-un while you fiddle about tying 'farty' little reef knots to hold everything together... lol..
I take a break every now and then for 5mins and it makes it a whole lot easier...

IMG_4964_2_zps923f17e3.jpg

I would love to see what you've been busy making.... :eek:

There will be more to follow...

Thanks for reading...:)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
oooooh I can see a de-stash in the near future :D
The beach theme works really, really well :cool:

Might be best moved to diy before Admin catches it though.

Good luck with the house sale :)

cheers,
M

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Hi Toddy, thanks for your help in putting this in the right thread :)

dwardo, I hope your boy has great fun drilling driftwood ready to thread into whatever... it's so easy...:)

British Red, I hadn't even realised... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE