Dri Duck Storm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
Hi all,

recently I had an urge for a new jacket, and after looking around I realized that I didn't have the funds for one I really wanted, so I looked at some alternate brands that a friend of mine had access to through his online knife/survival store.

I ended up buying the Storm by Dri Duck, as seen here

I was flying blind when purchasing, because the only photo's of this jacket I could find were pretty much just the standard promo shot, no talk about other features either, so I decided I'd take a couple of photo's of my own so people could see what they looked like other than the standard pic.

I really like this jacket, its heavy and warm. It easily withstood the glass of water on the seams test, I'll have to wear it in a rainfall for better evaluation of that though. The hood is heavy duty also, so when it starts raining you'll have to pull it up or it will get soaked and really heavy.
It feels tough, and has a reasonably decent look to it, definitely not tactical or too "bushy". I could wear this out to dinner at a mid range restaurant.
It has a fold at the back of the sleeves (they call it a 'bi-swing back') so that you aren't restricted in your movements, which I find a problem on most heavy jackets.
It also has a "drop tail" which would stop your crack from getting wet when you squat.
It also has what I would call a "double cuff" which keeps the heat in really nicely.

It has two hand warmer pockets and one breast pocket, also has a large interior pocket with a mobile phone pocket attached to the front of the large pocket.

My only complaint about this jacket is that I'd like to see some more internal pockets, at least one higher up where normal internal pockets are. Might see a seamstress for that.

Anyway here are my pics. Hope these tip someone over the edge on a purchase.

Cheers

DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0309.jpg

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Dri duck stuff is great we used the have the camo hoodies and canvas jackets when we were younger good gear, still have my old trusty olive faded baseball cap from urban angler new york made by dri duck, there is a pile of it on ebay.com but postage is expensive!!!

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
cheers guys

I'm really enjoying this one, but I did kinda buy it leading into summer. It will have to wait another two months before getting the water treatment

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE