Goretex repair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
I have a Berghaus paclite jacket which has done me brilliantly for over ten years. But now the tape has started to pull away from the seams.
I have some seam grip + sil for tent sealing. I also have some glue that came with an inflatable mattress for sticking on patches. Will either of those do for sticking the tape back down?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
However :)
For those of us who don’t have Bergan kit, where can I find seam-seal tape? I found some feeble stuff in Blacks but I’m looking for the tape that Snugpack use on their bivie sack. It’s many times more aggressive.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's not the tape that's at fault; it's the application.
In the factory the tapes are put on with a hot air gun and presser......you can get close at home with a good iron, but it needs a lot of care not to melt the rest of the jacket.

Honestly ? I gave up on a breathable seam and just glued the stuff down. The best glue I found is fabric repair powder. Messy, but worth the trouble. It too goes on with a hot iron, but not so hot that it melts the fabric and ruins the rest of the breathability.

If you can get hold of one of the small craft irons, meant for applying rhinestones, etc., that's just the right size for the tape without resorting to ironing cloths.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Much as I want to use the repair service, I'm off for a jaunt in the wilds of Wales soon, so I need my jacket. So I'm going to try some stormsure glue I got off amazon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE