Dreech day out Canoeing on Loch Ard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
My dry stop out of the dreech day. Good to get of the rain under the tarp. Still got a view. Lots of groaning deer rutting above the road.

20131020_121925.jpg
by Nick_Scots, on Flickr
20131020_121925.jpg

by Nick_Scots, on Flickr

The bothy on Eilean Ghorm in had a lit fire. Someone had just left in a wee power boat before I landed. The island had lots of unburied human waste.

20131020_131805.jpg
by Nick_Scots, on Flickr

My cuppa stop across from the put in. The only dry part of today was the ten minutes to get here.

20131020_122022.jpg
by Nick_Scots, on Flickr

Last edited:

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Excellent photos. Seems like you had a good day. What canoe do you have?

I hate it when I get to a bothy and some filthy waster has omitted to either bury or cover their own muck! I was once up on the Croik estate between Ullapool and Ardgay and I spent the night at a bothy up there. It had been a bit rainy and nasty for a few days and some nice person had used a corner of one of the rooms. They had also used the wood shed on the side of the house. Needless to say it spoiled my morning having to clean up after someone else so nobody else had to experience it. They had also eaten most of the food in there and left the empty tins and packets lying around. :nono:

riggers

Forager
Jan 13, 2009
newmains scotland
mate cracking pics i was on loch lommond not long ago with a pal doing a wee over nighter and i saw the blue green algi bloom as well we paddle loch lommond alot and trying to get out again soon

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Haven't had a canoe for years now, but I do miss that boyish thrill of adventure when you step on to an island. Even though you know you aren't the first there it still feels like it - islands definitely have a different feel to them. Great wee report - pity you had to deal with poo though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE