Dragons Bones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
Heres a pair of skeletonized dragons I just made. I would have taken the pics outside but theres this weird powdery white stuff out there and if I'm out in it to long ..... I turn blue .... and fall over.
Picture350-1.jpg

Darrel

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Very nice Darrel.
With the Dragon being an national emblem for the Welsh people, you could make a fortune selling those to the Welsh members of this forum.

Very nice indeed

Ogri the trog

I can vouch for Darrel's work - I bought 4 of his twisted dragon firesteels as Christmas presents - obviously including one for myself :D

They are exceptionally well made and create fantastic sparks. Really looking forward to using them in the field at Wayne's this weekend.

Can't recommend firemakers work highly enough :You_Rock_

Phil.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Very nice indeed, if I hadn't got one from Santa (nice but not as nice as these!) I'd be very interested!

What else have you made?

BobFromHolland

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 9, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
These look FANTASTIC !!

I now use an old trimmed file with the edges sanded dull with a much too small pc of flint, so I am well impressed.

Keep posting pics of your creative newborns, thei'r great!

Bob

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Damn, I thought I was going to see what my outlaw looked like on the inside.

I really want the one in the top left corner of post #10, please, please :)

Pele's Fire

Feb 5, 2006
Hawaii
firemaker said:
Heres a pic of some more stuff I've done in the past few weeks. I have this pic over on edged tools also with more detailed pics of the knife.

Picture139.jpg

Darrel

I wanted to post a little bit about Darrels work.

I am the recipient of the Seahorse on the bottom right of this picture. I asked Darrel to make this for me about 4 months ago & I told him to take his time. I described how in my mind I saw the seahorse & I'll be darned if when I received it, it wasn't EXACTLY how I pictured it.

On top of that the thing showers so many sparks that my charcloth always has multiple coals on it. I'm not kidding the thing sparks darn near like a Ferrocerium rod & that with a dull piece of flint!

If you are like me & wan't something that is more than just a chunk of steel to light your fire. This is art in my opinion. You can't go wrong with Darrels work, I can't recommend it highly enough.

My missus isn't even in to this stuff & even she says it's "Pretty".

Well thats good enough for me.

Thanks again Darrel! :You_Rock_

MattV

Dec 17, 2004
Saint Charles, IL, USA
Pele's Fire said:
I wanted to post a little bit about Darrels work.

I am the recipient of the Seahorse on the bottom right of this picture. I asked Darrel to make this for me about 4 months ago & I told him to take his time. I described how in my mind I saw the seahorse & I'll be darned if when I received it, it wasn't EXACTLY how I pictured it.

On top of that the thing showers so many sparks that my charcloth always has multiple coals on it. I'm not kidding the thing sparks darn near like a Ferrocerium rod & that with a dull piece of flint!

If you are like me & wan't something that is more than just a chunk of steel to light your fire. This is art in my opinion. You can't go wrong with Darrels work, I can't recommend it highly enough.

My missus isn't even in to this stuff & even she says it's "Pretty".

Well thats good enough for me.

Thanks again Darrel! :You_Rock_

I'll second that. Incredible work at great prices. I was lucky enough to get a twisted dragon and it throws so many sparks every time.

I gave away my old kit to a boy scout. He was happy, but not as happy as I am.

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
Nice knife...great design. I must ask if it was heat treated on the forge and how if so.
I do some forge work but none of my stuff turns out that good.
Awesome Work!!!
Hawk

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
Hi Hawk

I like to run a few thermal cycles.. Then edge quench, that leaves the top spine soft and a spring temper in the center line of the blade with a hard edge. Then I will take a torch and play the flame where I need the temper to be a bit softer the tip is a week spot for any knife so I like mine to be a bit softer there I will also play the flame along the spine just to make sure. Then it’s into the oven for a full temper, two times once at a lower temp then once more at a higher and final temp for an hour each time. Then "most" times I'll clean the entire oxidized surface.....not this time though I was going for the look :)

Darrel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE