DPM Lowe Alpine Sting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
"Item Description

Original

Dutch Army

Kampfrucksack 80 liters

Lowe Alpine STING

Cordura DPM camouflage NL

Article - Backpack

Colour - DPM NL

Size - 80 liters

Weight - 1300 gr

Delivery - 1 backpack

Material - Nylon / Cordura

Condition - Used

Item Description

- Main compartment with inside pocket and Train trip
- 2 large side pockets with zipper
- cover with inside pocket with snap closures
- Padded shoulder and waist strap
- Padded back
- D-rings and loops for attaching additional equipment

Manufacturer: Lowe Alpine

Backpacks are without error and in good condition"

Arrrgh they look cool, will be good to know what you think of it.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have one in OD. Very comfy to carry when loaded, with a good adjustable back system.

Just don't overload the MOLLE straps on the back as it affects the balance of the pack badly!

Simon

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Been using one for a few weeks... Agreed they are comfy when the backs set up correctly. Nice pack.

It eats your gear, I've yet to fill mine!

al.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Update: although the seller has not responded to an email asking when the bergen would be shipped, they have put a tracking number on the order details page of my ebay. The link provided for tracking is for the wrong service, so the tracking number didn't work, however by googling DHL Paket International I found the correct link, and shipping status is that DHL have been notified to collect from the seller.

Pacman99uk

Mar 9, 2011
Manchester
Update: although the seller has not responded to an email asking when the bergen would be shipped, they have put a tracking number on the order details page of my ebay. The link provided for tracking is for the wrong service, so the tracking number didn't work, however by googling DHL Paket International I found the correct link, and shipping status is that DHL have been notified to collect from the seller.

wish you had posted this before you bought it! i bought one this month from the same seller on the 8th tracking number does not work either and im still waiting for my item. emailed them through ebay and on their email in both english and german and have received no response. had to open a paypal dispute yesterday.

hope you get yours but that seller is awful!

-Pacman

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Update: the Bergen has now arrived in the UK, recipient information is correct, just hope I'm not disappointed in the end. Twodogs, I assume your talking about the seller
Pacman99uk linked to?

Pacman99uk, sorry to hear about that, don't know if this helps but here is the link for the correct tracking site DHL Packet International

Pacman99uk

Mar 9, 2011
Manchester
thanks for the link, i should of thought to google it myself!

i dont think you will be disappointed with the pack, everyone on here raves how good they are, When/if i get my pack ill be posting a mod to increase the back length with some black webbing i picked up from b&q for 88p!

just bought some "Multicam Tactical T-Ring Adaptor" from that well known auction site ;) that sit in the molle system so i can strap some stuff to the the back of the pack.

-Pacman

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
What is your back length?

I'm curious because mine measures 19.5, but the loaded pack (about 18Kg's) feels most comfortable on the 18 notch.

I was (I thought) slightly dissapointed with the back system at first, the lumbar support (set at 20) would press agains the bottom of my spine and cause back-ache. So next time out I tried 19, which was slightly better, last time out 18, and it feels superb! (I loaded everything I own BC related inc axe, 3ltrs water ect) Basically everything I might ever take.

If you are 21/22 on the measurements, you might be surprised at the most comfortable setting loaded... 20 'may' do you fine.

al.

Last edited:

Pacman99uk

Mar 9, 2011
Manchester
What is your back length?

I'm curious because mine measures 19.5, but the loaded pack (about 18Kg's) feels most comfortable on the 18 notch.

I was (I thought) slightly dissapointed with the back system at first, the lumbar support (set at 20) would press agains the bottom of my spine and cause back-ache. So next time out I tried 19, which was slightly better, last time out 18, and it feels superb! (I loaded everything I own BC related inc axe, 3ltrs water ect) Basically everything I might ever take.

If you are 21/22 on the measurements, you might be surprised at the most comfortable setting loaded... 20 'may' do you fine.

al.

ill definitely try the 20" back length first but last time i measured i had a 23" back length (6' 5" tall without shoes on) although that was measured close to my back with a soft tape (rather than straight down as a backpack would lie)

out of interest what sort of weight are you carrying comfortably in your pack? i was thinking about the bcuk arctic expedition but not sure if it would be comfortable with the weight of all my gadgets and shiny things :lmao:

-Pacman

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Not really had the chance to weigh it, as yet... We normally do a weigh in on group meets to A- get peoples kit lighter, and B- laugh at the tubby! :)

As far as I know, the packs are good for 30kg's (maybe more) but on average, mines between 13Kg and 18. I'm 6ft 6", but average body and gazelle like legs :p

You might just get lucky with that 20 though!

Cheers, al.

Last edited:

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Update: Got back from a job in Weston-Super-Mare to find a package had been delivered. It looked as if it had been drop kicked here from Germany but the contents were
unscathed from the abuse. The pack is in very good condition, a little faded and scuffed, but no holes, tears or missing/broken clips, and all the zips and cords work.
3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Now, what feedback should I leave, good with poor marks for communication and dispatch, or neutral with poor marks for communication and dispatch?

Last edited:

Pacman99uk

Mar 9, 2011
Manchester
received mine today too!

exactly the same condition as yours, quite faded on 1 of the side pouches and main body and very faded on the other pouch, good condition and all the straps look brand new which leaves me to believe it was maybe thrown through a rough washing cycle which faded the cordura colours but not the straps? just speculating...

only thing i notice thats different with mine is 1 side pouch has a normal black zip like yours on the top but the other has a thick green top zip (like the kind used to attach to the main body)

im wondering if to leave positive and tell people about the comms or neutral too!

-Pacman

edit: forgot to mention back size for me is a little on the small side, think i could get away with using it on the last back length but for comfort ill probably sew another notch onto the adjuster.

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
If you are happy with the pack, good I guess... But use the star system to merit the comm's and speed of postage.

You still got a great pack for a great price, despite the carp comm''s :p

Now, load it up and enjoy!

Regards, al.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE