Down sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JL12 ML

Jun 30, 2011
N/A
I trying to make a down sleeping bag. Dose anyone know where I can get duck/goose/swan down from?

Treestalker

May 26, 2012
Wirral
You could try a 'game butcher' if you can find 1... Im lucky enough to have 1 fairly local! I think they get all game already plucked/skinned but they might be able to point you towards a local gamekeeper!

I'm thinking of asking if he can get deer horn and rabbit pelts for future projects I have in mind!

JL12 ML

Jun 30, 2011
N/A
Wow that stuff isn't cheap. I like the pillow idea think ill do that. But dont know how much ill need to make a sleeping bag :/

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
Down in pillows is pretty poor quality but like you said it's cheap. you might be better off using synthetic stuff as it usually comes in a batt. Do a search for primaloft if you're intersted in synthetic. My grandma used to make pillows out of the wild ducks we shot and she would put it in the oven for awhile to kill the bugs and bacteria in it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE