down sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 17, 2007
G'malsen NL.
I ve a nearly new sleeping bag filled with down,it s a ex army it s a CQC PLC
artic mk 2 sleeping bag i think he is used in uk army.
Who can tell me how warm/cold he is because im going to Finland next month
for a bushcraft trip 8 days

Greetings Floris Holland

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Floris, welcome to BCUK,
I have no direct experience of your sleeping bag though the description sounds as though it will be sufficient, be aware that you might need to suppliment your insulation with a foam pad, and night clothing if the temperature drops wildly. Other folk should be along soon who are likely to know more.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Hello Floris,

welcome to this very nice and interresting forum!

I think your sleeping bag will do fine in combination with a thermarest or a local reindeerskin ( dont worry, I know they will be provided ) and some warm long underwear.

Dont forget your bivybag, we are also spending a night in a snowhole. :naughty:

See you,

Penvisser

Hi there,

I have the same sleeping bag and use it throughout the year even in the snow. this is not going to be warm enough in finland as these sleeping bags origionally had liners inside them and were designed to be worn with quilted arctic clothes.

I would use a cheap sleeping bag as a liner for this army sleeping bag if I was you and use a goretex bivibag as well. Make sure you also use plenty insultation underneath as previous posters said, a therma rest or something similar.

Never breathe inside this sleeping bag as the moisture in your breathe will condense and freeze. Wear a muffler over your face or cover your face in a headover.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Used this in early Jan a few weeks back in british woodland and was warm, but did get a couple of momentary shivers in the night where I'd been fidgeting, don't think this would suffice in Finland I'm afraid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE